• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan Expo Vancouver November 11-13, 2016

285 posts in this topic

Fan Boy,

There is all day parking 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. south of the Pan Pacific at the Fairmont Waterfront hotel's underground lot on the weekends or stat Nov. 11/16 for a reasonable $10.

Comic guest table locations:

Chris Bachalo (did not know this great DC artist was going to be there) P29

Jae Lee (Marvel artist) P38

Dan Parent (Archie artist) P30

Ty Templeton (DC artist/writer) P18 next to stellar

Bruce Timm (DC artist, animator) P19. :luhv:

Kurtis Wiebe (Image writer) P24 and more online.

Part of Star Wars: Rogue One display:

47udIaO.jpg

Aardvark88, what books did Chris Bachalo do in DC? I can't recall which ones. I might have a few of his work in boxes.

I am not driving but thanks for the tip about the underground parking. I take Skytrain since I have my compass card. (thumbs u

Chris Bachalo (DC Vertigo's Death, Shade, the Changing Man run, Dr Strange) is listed in the freebie Van Fan Expo mag guide centerfold as being at table p29 but perhaps this is the Dr Strange artist that Kevin Boyd hinted at that could NOT make it to the Expo?

Female tv Flash media guest/love interest <3 added yesterday. :applause:

For those driving down, be aware that parts of Hastings St near Cambie St may be closed for Remembrance Day celebration today at 11:00 a.m.

Some of the local Vancouver comic writers and artists did not show up by 2:30 pm when I departed the Fan Expo. Saw NCIX and London Drugs promoting their ASUS electronics and other tablets for drawing.

Disney was there to promote Star Wars: Rogue One of course:

sYlQqO8h.jpg

Nice to see Fan Boy entering the hall as I was getting in with my dealer's badge.

Could not believe that Harley Yee himself was rushing to set up his wall rack and 3 booths by noon for the early bird attendees. Harley's comics did not arrive until about 11:00 a.m. Friday morning.

Sample of Ottawa's aggressive raw :frustrated: back issue pricing or else I am pricing plain too cheap:

IzxSnWl.jpg

Did not see greggy. Did see some aggressive Montreal back issues prices. e.g. Dr Strange #1 slabbed at $850 loonies.

EDd0YnL.jpg

Overall, Friday attendance was up, energy in the hall was positive, retail sales reported being higher than Fan Expo last Easter, 2015 so far.

Could not believe that Harley Yee himself was rushing to set up his wall rack and 3 booths by noon for the early bird attendees. Harley's comics did not arrive until about 11:00 a.m. Friday morning.

Did you get a chance to check out Harley's booth to see if he had brought any Centaur or Fox books with him? hm

Sample of reasonable back issue prices from Patrick of GA Collectables, Vancouver: :applause:

APq0P6W.jpg

Good to see that Pat brought some collectable books to the convention this time. (thumbs u

If I remember correctly, the year that I went, it was basically nothing but graphic novels and trade paperbacks. :P

Still looks like nothing coming out from his Chinatown Collection yet. :taptaptap:

Did not see greggy. Did see some aggressive Montreal back issues prices. e.g. Dr Strange #1 slabbed at $850 loonies.

EDd0YnL.jpg

Is that really the current going rate for a Dr. Strange #1? :blush:

What was the price for Pat's copy on his wall display? ???

I wish I could remember whether or not I have a copy of that book? The cover looks so familiar, so I guess I probably just might have a copy of it in my own collection. (shrug):wishluck:

If not, then I guess I don't. Wish I knew where to start looking. doh!:censored:

Sample of reasonable back issue prices from Patrick of GA Collectables, Vancouver: :applause:

APq0P6W.jpg

Good to see that Pat brought some collectable books to the convention this time. (thumbs u

If I remember correctly, the year that I went, it was basically nothing but graphic novels and trade paperbacks. :P

Still looks like nothing coming out from his Chinatown Collection yet. :taptaptap:

I was always disappointed that Patrick never brought out his old books. Glad to see he's doing so this time.

Care to enlighten me on what his Chinatown Collection consists of?

This pic is of Jigglypig's wall rack posted sideways on purpose so Flatliner has to twist his neck: (shrug)

bdjN0Yb.jpg

Nice to meet Bruce Timm but Flatliner and his loyal sidekick filled Timm's sketch list pronto for day 1 Friday.

Sidekick :sumo:

Did you get a chance to check out Harley's booth to see if he had brought any Centaur or Fox books with him? hm

I did not see any Centaur or Fox comics. Think I saw some Fiction House. All of Harley's wall comics were in US $$ so add about 30% exchange rate. His long boxes of more common but decent back stock from 1960s to 1990s were quite reasonable at 25% below sticker price. Some were bulk priced at $10 each or 3 for $25. <3

Harley did not have any Famous Funnies from 1938 that I asked him for, as they were in his warehouse.

thanos88:

I did say you were a 'loyal' sidekick to Flatliner.

APq0P6W.jpg

I was always disappointed that Patrick never brought out his old books. Glad to see he's doing so this time.

Care to enlighten me on what his Chinatown Collection consists of?

Refer to the attached link below from the Comic Books Pedigree website for a very very brief description of Pat's Chinatown Collection:

http://comicpedigrees.com/pedigrees.php#CHINATOWN

If you are thinking of asking Pat to sell you a book from this collection, don't bother wasting your time as he has absolutely no interest at all in selling any of the mainstream super-hero books from this collection. :gossip:

But if you are interested in some HG Dell non-hero books from the mid-50's, then he might be a bit more willing to listen for a price. lol