• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan Expo Vancouver November 11-13, 2016

285 posts in this topic

tkg,

Another dealer bought it fast for $1,650 Cdn funds. A reasonable price, as this 1st solo Black Canary story, and GA (Toth?) cover always in demand. :applause:

Last raw 3.5 sold for 2k US :gossip:

FU, chicken legs Tom

tkg,

Another dealer bought it fast for $1,650 Cdn funds. A reasonable price, as this 1st solo Black Canary story, and GA (Toth?) cover always in demand. :applause:

Last raw 3.5 sold for 2k US :gossip:

FU, chicken legs Tom

:foryou:

#Hug

If you are thinking of asking Pat to sell you a book from this collection, don't bother wasting your time as he has absolutely no interest at all in selling any of the mainstream super-hero books from this collection. :gossip:

But if you are interested in some HG Dell non-hero books from the mid-50's, then he might be a bit more willing to listen for a price. lol

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm a little clueless when it comes to pedigrees. I'll see if I can chat him up about it when I visit Vancouver in December.

The show opened today at 9:30 to weekend pass holders, 10am to the general public...

Really? Maybe you meant VIP and Premium? I had a weekend pass (deluxe) and we weren't let in from the holding area until 10

Malvin

The show opened today at 9:30 to weekend pass holders, 10am to the general public...

Really? Maybe you meant VIP and Premium? I had a weekend pass (deluxe) and we weren't let in from the holding area until 10

Malvin

The same people who got in at noon on Friday was what I was told.

Tired after all the weekend, so I went home early. But did found a couple of books at good prices <3

Saw some impressive cosplayers with their costumes there. There was a huge Lego Batman walking around. Took some photos of me with them one by one. My friend did the same for himself much more than me.

Next year for dates to Fan Expo Vancouver is November 10th to 12th 2017. Same long weekend.

Day 3 was pretty exhausting. Spent a solid hour haggling with one dealer for a stack of books. Worked out in the end. Probably would have taken 45 minutes, but some girl was at the booth next to his in a costume that basically had her titties hanging out of her Outfit. It derailed things a bit. Big Pete saw her and ran in the other direction, before his wife could roast him.

Finally piled up all the Artwork I commissioned for the weekend, except for Nick Bradshaw's. He wasn't finished still as of today, and his wife went in on him for it. lol She was like "What the hell have you been doing all weekend."

Here we go.

From Bruce Timm:

fanexpo7.jpgfanexpo2.jpgfanexpo4.jpg

From Danica Brine aka Karibu

fanexpo1.jpg

From Danny Zabbal

fanexpo3.jpg

From Pia Guerra

fanexpo5.jpg

From Jae Lee

fanexpo6.jpg

And my absolute favorite, also by Jae Lee

fanexpo8.jpg

Very impressed by Bruce Timm's sketch of Mr Freeze and Jae Lee's Zatanna and poker cards. :acclaim:

Heard that an attendee may have had a mini-heart attack during the Christopher Lloyd q & a session Sat. evening. Expo staff rushed to help him and called an ambulance.

On Friday, pretty sure I saw the cosplayer that was falling out of :slapfight: her dress. Saw her twice before at Calgary Expo too.

Very impressed by Bruce Timm's sketch of Mr Freeze and Jae Lee's Zatanna and poker cards. :acclaim:

Heard that an attendee may have had a mini-heart attack during the Christopher Lloyd q & a session Sat. evening. Expo staff rushed to help him and called an ambulance.

On Friday, pretty sure I saw the cosplayer that was falling out of :slapfight: her dress. Saw her twice before at Calgary Expo too.

That was confirmed about this person had a hear attack. I was in there during when Christopher Lloyd was about to say something ... and then bam, someone yelled for help behind me and my friends in front of stage. Few minutes paused while waiting for the person to be taken away by Expo staff and ambulance crew. Was told that all was fine then. The session resumed again and ended.

Now I know why the list was filled fast on that days. Zapped by Flatliner! lol

Wish there were more comic retailers to pillage.

Was there for a few hours yesterday and you are certainly right in that there are actually very few comic book dealers there, relative to non-comic book dealers.

Sounds as though there might possibly be at least one less for next year since I overheard one of them saying that this is most likely their last year coming out here as it's just not worth it from a cost versus sales point of view. :(

That would be unfortunate since it would be good to have as many actual comic book dealers there as possible. :wishluck:

It got to be the table rental fees like usual. Must be a vendor from out of province. I had asked some local dealers how they do. Many said alright for this con, not as great but better than nothing. I get the vibe that it might be about the same for next year maybe?

Those out of BC vendors just run around and buy as much SA Marvel, DC or nice bronze keys, semi-keys as they can, as the market in TO or Montreal must be more robust than Vancouver/Victoria. My buddy received 5 text messages to bring a short box of SA, BA keys down to the show to sell (at a discount to Overstreet let alone Eastcoast market values) :wishluck: to those aggressive buying vendors from Montreal.

One complaint I heard was that getting in was a 3 step process:

1. line up to pay for 1 day admission ticket

2. walk downstairs to queue for the doors to open at 10 a.m.

3. fill out questionnaire/ survey as to how u heard of the Fan Expo to get your email so that u too can be a Facebook (FB) Friend of Fan Expo. Good for FB networking, advertising, buzz, email blasts.

Was there for a few hours yesterday and you are certainly right in that there are actually very few comic book dealers there, relative to non-comic book dealers.

Sounds as though there might possibly be at least one less for next year since I overheard one of them saying that this is most likely their last year coming out here as it's just not worth it from a cost versus sales point of view. :(

That would be unfortunate since it would be good to have as many actual comic book dealers there as possible. :wishluck:

You should come to the Calgary Expo. :wishluck:

You should come to the Calgary Expo. :wishluck:

^^

Hats off to Kevin Boyd and team-had good time lots of great comic guests.BruceTimm was just nailing them(got batman first day)Had Jae lee superman breaking chains commission set up pre show,he showed the pencils before he inked it came out...super!Got to hang with my pal Brian Stelfreeze he nailed my Milla Jovovich commission .And good seeing locals like ken steacy ,kaare ,skroce,sodowski etc.Change in dates from spring to fall worked good .Look forward to next year same weekend