• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan Expo Vancouver November 11-13, 2016

285 posts in this topic

I will be going to media guests in their sessions over the weekend. I have 4 names marked with time slots to attend. Gonna be a fun weekend as a fan with friends as fans <3 <3 (:

just attending as a fan

And if as a fan, on Friday only or on all 3 days?

Planning on being there Friday. May be there Sat. morning as trying to buy an original art page from artist Jae Lee and get a sketch from Ty Templeton depending on their availability. :cloud9:

I will be going to media guests in their sessions over the weekend. I have 4 names marked with time slots to attend. Gonna be a fun weekend as a fan with friends as fans <3 <3 (:

Planning on being there Friday. May be there Sat. morning as trying to buy an original art page from artist Jae Lee and get a sketch from Ty Templeton depending on their availability. :cloud9:

Good to hear that some of you dedicated dealers at the smaller local shows are finally getting the chance to take a break from the hard work of setting up and have the opportunity of enjoying this show as a fan. (thumbs u

Have fun and good hunting as you guys have certainly earned a well deserved break! :applause:

Fan Expo will be the last major comicon of the year for Vancouver. Suffering burn out from way too many Pacific Northwest cons in last six (6) :pullhair: days:

Nov 5-6, 2016 Jet City con, Seattle, WA. Heard that a Vancouver hi-roller spent his last dollar restocking a vintage back issue.

Nov. 5/16 Scottish Cult. Ctr Pop culture show

Nov. 6/16 HH con

Nov. 11/16 Fan Expo. Media guest signatures seem to be averaging $40 (e.g. Dr Harrison Wells, TV's Flash series).

Street parking in front of 2 Fairmont hotels is $6/hr :tonofbricks: during daytime. West side underground parking of Pan Pacific evening rate is $10 if one is staying late for a media guest panel or party. Cheaper to ride Skytrain downtown. (thumbs u

To all locals in Vancouver and surrounding communities, leave your cars home or at Skytrain parking lots and take a ride on Skytrain.

Save your loonies to spent on comics at the con! Hotel parking meters aren't your friends! :baiting:

Any idea if buying the advance single day tickets online are any cheaper or are they the same price as buying them directly at the box office?

Just asking since I am not sure which day I might be attending, if even for any one of the days at all. hm

Well, if you are gonna buy a ticket online. Do that before 5 pm deadline today. Cheapest price is tomorrow. Saturday is higher at $50, I think?

Prices are all same - online or at booth.

I brought mine online because I do not want be in the lineup to buy tickets THEN go to another line to enter with wristband.

Save your time that way. :makepoint:

Lou,

If you buy the ticket in person, it may cost a bit more but the line up is shorter than those who prepaid online for Sat. or Fri. admission.

Loading zone very busy now, as have to move long boxes onto pallet then have union labor move them to one's booth(s). :juggle:

Lou,

Loading zone very busy now, as have to move long boxes onto pallet then have union labor move them to one's booth(s). :juggle:

I thought you was attending this convention as a regular fan, and not setting up as a dealer? ???

Aardvark88 is part of "Greggy Mafia" to get sercet access. :baiting:lol

Posted my first Greggy poster somewhere in the convention center.

First person to locate it gets a prize.

lol Guess I don't see it. I was in the east building to pick up my wristband and badge. I will see if I can find the wanted poster.

flatliner,

Very impressed with your white Ninja skills as u walked in/out of the Expo with your dealer's badge swiftly and silently without lifting a long box. By the time I got in, I helped Nels move 12 long boxes, as Fan Expo moved his location but forgot to email him ahead of time so he had to move his 110 longs.

Thus, Anthill Books and Uncle Bob's Comics (thumbs u are at a nice end cap #113 while Cdn Comics.net is btwn booths 218 to 220.

So far, the weather is holding up for the long weekend at the East convention center:

ZPqe3Ln.jpg