• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan Expo Vancouver November 11-13, 2016

285 posts in this topic

Sorry to tease, I don't want to disappoint anyone further, and maybe things will change between now and next week. But his visit would have been timely and connected with the movie opening next week.

So who was it since he is not coming anymore?

Benedict Cumberbatch! :gossip:

As if that was even remotely possible. :olol

So far, it looks like the listing is only for celebs that will be attending.

Will there be any dealers attending, major or otherwise, so that collectors can see if it is even worthwhile to attend this convention or not? hm

This year it is going be in November. I dunno how many dealers will attend? Some had mentioned the hassle with customs at border, paperwork or wrong timing in past cons here.

A full dealer list will be provided a couple of weeks before the show when it is locked down for print deadlines.

Any chance of a dealer list yet or still no luck in signing up any bigger non-regional dealers? :wishluck:

Probably a pass for me since it's way too expensive if it's all cos play and paid autograph sessions, without any decent books available for potential buyers. (shrug)

In previous years Harley Yee has had a booth. He wasn't here in person last year because of WonderCon, but who knows since there isn't a competing event (That i know of) this year.

There was a couple from Ontario that I've seen every year.

and that one from Montreal that everyone hates.

In terms of comics, it's a pretty good mix of non-regional usually.

There are 3 other 2 or 3 day cons in USA (Kansas City, Rhode Island and North Carolina Comicon) that Nov. 11/16 long weekend but none in the Pacific Northwest. I still expect Harley to set up his B-list inventory in Vancouver.

I would not say that Montreal dealer is 'hated,' just aggressive on his pricing but he also buys a lot as our more sane Vancouver retail prices look like huge bargains to him.

Also for those that don't read the Province newspaper, the FF #1 and other comics that were stolen inside the safe have been recovered, as the thief brought the SA comics into a local :boo: Vancouver comic shop.

I would not say that Montreal dealer is 'hated,' just aggressive on his pricing but he also buys a lot as our more sane Vancouver retail prices look like huge bargains to him.

I think Hated is adequate. Last Fan Expo alone, 4 people came to me with the same story. They found a book they wanted to purchase, with a stickered price, and took it up to pay.

Then while about to hand over the cash, the woman who co-owns it runs up, snatches the book away, and says the actual price is 10x higher than marked.

I think Hated is adequate. Last Fan Expo alone, 4 people came to me with the same story. They found a book they wanted to purchase, with a stickered price, and took it up to pay.

Then while about to hand over the cash, the woman who co-owns it runs up, snatches the book away, and says the actual price is 10x higher than marked.

What book was that the woman snatched away? If this book had the stickered price and was in a box or on wall. That is their fault for leaving it as it is. These customers found it, the co-owner should know better how to manage her stock! :sumo:

I forgot what book was it but when she noticed that i pick up 3 of the same books she immediately check Ebay.

lol She checked eBay? Talk about having $ in eyes! You could had these books under another book on top and pay for them. :makepoint:

Wish I had seen the show happened... (snapped fingers)

I forgot what book was it but when she noticed that i pick up 3 of the same books she immediately check Ebay.

lol She checked eBay? Talk about having $ in eyes! You could had these books under another book on top and pay for them. :makepoint:

I could have pick up all 5 books. But decided to just pick up 3.

That much would had sent the woman up to the moon her eyes flirting crazy! lol

No problem, she'll probably still have the same 5 copies sitting there this year and listed at less than her original starting price from last year. doh!lol

A full dealer list will be provided a couple of weeks before the show when it is locked down for print deadlines.

Kevin;

Any truth to the following rumor as posted by Allan, that HA might actually be making an appearance at the con here?

If so, will they actually have a booth or just be "dropping by" to hunt down books for their future auctions?

See you all at the Vancouver Fan Expo Nov. 11/16 next. Heard a rumor that Ha.com may be there. :gossip:

Also for those that don't read the Province newspaper, the FF #1 and other comics that were stolen inside the safe have been recovered, as the thief brought the SA comics into a local :boo: Vancouver comic shop.

:applause:

Not knowing where to take the books, the thieves no doubt took them straight down to GA Collectibles after watching Pat's interview on the TV news. doh!lol

:applause:

Not knowing where to take the books, the thieves no doubt took them straight down to GA Collectibles after watching Pat's interview on the TV news. doh!lol

Yes, for anyone who isn't a local in Vancouver ... this comic shop is right in downtown and it has the front desk right from the enterance doors inside. Where the office room ... I cannot say in here. Just say they have a good system. Dumb thief is correct statement and is an understatement! lol

Gurmeet said he would forward the list to me today, but he's currently handling dealer reboots at Tampa. I'll bug him again for a look at the list when it's a little less chaotic.

He did confirm verbally Harley is coming. As well as Georges (the Quebec dealer you were discussing), and some eastern dealers like Myths,Legends and Heroes.