• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celebrity sightings !!

15 posts in this topic

Anyone have a brush with a movie star, tv character, famous comic book artist, writer or "other" ?? A selfie of you with them scores an A +. A pic of them alone because you were close enough to get the pic is a C+

Here are a couple of "C+'s" for me.

Rubens_zps9pevm8fx.jpg

Paul Rubens aka Pee Wee Herman at SDCC 2009

Nimoy_zpsqadqf00n.jpg

Leonard Nimoy from SDCC same year :)

Cool pics CAHokie. I met Rosario once. No pics were taken. I rarely think to honestly.

I have a decent amount though somehow, but I'll also stick with the theme of 4...1) I am not as snappy a dresser as you. I think I've worn a suit/tux less than 20 times in my life, and it almost always comes with a lot of coaxing. 2) I am jealous of that one of you and Kevin Spacey. He is one of my favorite actors for sure. I can't imagine him not being a cool guy in person.

These are probably my four favorites:

O2npmV.jpg

skUSEe.jpg

nXq1lr.jpg

Ak4rEj.jpg

James Gunn (director of Slither)

Steven Yeun (played Data in "The Goonies".)

Jim Lee (I may be getting the name wrong. He also may have been my uncle. He touched me several times, plus I drink. A LOT.)

Morena Baccarin (probably the prettiest girl ever. ((besides my girlfriend in case she somehow finds my CGC account and reads this, in which case, she. is. hideous. She probably wears Khakis late at night)

Didn't have my phone/camera with me at the time but about a month or so ago, while I was playing hockey at Countryside Arena in Sudbury Ontario, Ryan Reynolds was also at the arena playing hockey on the other ice pad.

I think it may have been part of a movie they were filming or it was just downtime for him.

Thought that was pretty cool, wish I had a pic to share though.

that pic with warren Haynes is awesome. that's how you let your soul shine

Thank you. I took my mom to see him at an afternoon acoustic show where he only played 4 songs. She took this picture and it's still one of my favorite memories with her...

She still has no idea who he is though lol

although not a celebrity and maybe only a name Marvel movie fans might recognize, my getting-rather-elderly parents hang socially with Mr. and Mrs. Alan Fine. Mom or Dad like to tell me that whenever we see something Marvel as if they never mentioned it before but they really have no idea that he is pretty high up there on the corporate ladder. He is just a guy my Dad does not golf with since he had some elbow work done and my mom says she is too slow (that may be Mahjong and not golf though).

I keep asking if they could arrange a signing for me!.

Ak4rEj.jpg

Morena Baccarin (probably the prettiest girl ever. ((besides my girlfriend in case she somehow finds my CGC account and reads this, in which case, she. is. hideous. She probably wears Khakis late at night)

I'm super jealous. I have been putting together a Firefly cast signed thing, and she is the only one left to get. I've sent that stupid thing all over the country, and she cancels. I've had plans to go to cons, and she cancels.

I think we're up to fourteen times. . . so, I'm happy to see that someone has gotten to meet her!

Ak4rEj.jpg

I'm super jealous. I have been putting together a Firefly cast signed thing, and she is the only one left to get. I've sent that stupid thing all over the country, and she cancels. I've had plans to go to cons, and she cancels.

I think we're up to fourteen times. . . so, I'm happy to see that someone has gotten to meet her!

She is super cute. I can't believe how many celebs I've met. Besides meeting some of the CGC boards celebs, and the many actors and actresses whom I've met at shows. There is one I truly will never forget, and I believe I have mentioned it before.

One day my buddy and I were out in Beverly Hills taking care of bees at a well known news guys home. When finished we went to a favorite sushi spot on Sunset Blvd. It was a beautiful day,so we decided to sit outside. We ordered our meal and a group of people Sat down beside us, my friend knew it was someone famous but had no idea. I turn around and realize it was Dave Mustaine of Megadeth and the rest of the band.I politely walked up to him and had him autograph a napkin (all I had) I also mentioned how f-ing awesome the band was, yeah I am a fan. Well finally our food came, and theirs right afterwards. To make a long story short they asked us to sit with them for lunch,we all laughed and joked around for about an hour. Finally when our check came Dave Mustaine said don't worry it's on me. We were grateful, all shook hands. That was the day I had lunch with Dave Mustaine. :headbang:

I've met most of the cast of Legends of Tomorrow

Robert Carlyle - he is super quiet and shy but really nice

Chad Smith (Drummer from Red Hot Chili Peppers)

Trent Reznor

Saul Williams

Dave Ogilvie (Engineer to Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Carly Rae Jepsen...)

A few of the guys from Front Line Assembly

Oh, I'm hoping to get a sig from Tom Ellis as I have a friend who's working on Lucifer and I keep harassing him to get me a Lucifer #1 signed :D

Wife met Ryan Reynolds, and again, most of the cast of Legends of Tomorrow

lots of work buddies have met loads though...

Snoop Dogg (Just the other day actually)

Kevin Costner

Jessica Alba

Jason Stathom

Gary Oldman

and others....