• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Berkeley Comic Con Aug. 7 plus board meet-up. Comics only show!

159 posts in this topic

I saw on the Facebook page that my long time buddy Dennis King will be showing up. Dennis has tons of old comics.

What kind of old comics does Dennis have? Wish I could attend this show next week but I am over 1,000 km away in distance.

:tonofbricks:

I like to browse over boxes to seek some old goodies... Maybe next year? :wishluck:

Please make a report how the show do on this day.

I have known Dennis for 38 years. He ran the first baseball card shop that I had ever seen back in 1978.

Dennis is the acknowledged expert on rock posters and written several books on the subject. Dennis has tons of paper collectibles.

http://www.dking-gallery.com/

Dennis had the first copy of Batman 23 that I ever seen. Here is a recreation by artist Spoon Sprang. I am uncertain of his current stock.

image_zpsvzvzhijg.jpg

Ray Storch also has quite a nice selection.

I have heard Dennis is sitting on a lot of undergrounds. I may have to check out this show. I collect both undergrounds and vintage concert posters

If you are looking for some special items, call him up with the phone number provided in the link to his website to ensure that he brings it to the convention. The phone number is also linked to his smartphone.

Dennis showed me some original art from great artist and old school hippie Rick Griffin, who died 25 years ago. Dennis has plenty of nice ephemera in his personal collection.

As a reminder, this is also what our wantlist feature on the con site berkeleycomiccon.com is for. To spread wantlists to all the dealers in advance.

Dennis' UG selection is really tremendous. Near complete. He was planning on bringing a bunch but contacting him early is also very good.

I like to browse over boxes to seek some old goodies... Maybe next year? :wishluck:

I would really like to set something up (probably a summer show) where we'd try to add extra events so people want to make it a vacation. Dinners, warehouse visits, etc., culminating in the show. Sort of a three or four day boardie-fest.

Good luck with the show. Hope this is the start of a long running event. Did my undergrad at Cal... would have loved to have made this show. Maybe next year.

Thanks! That's the plan! :wishluck:

I'm going to try to make it for a few hours, although no promises. If people are interested, I can bring samples of the new and the new new CGC cases.

Ya bring your early Actions under 20 and Tecs under 40 with your sup 1 and i show (thumbs u

I'm going to try to make it for a few hours, although no promises. If people are interested, I can bring samples of the new and the new new CGC cases.

Cool.

I'd love to see the new and the new new cases.

I only own old and old old cases lol

I haven't seen the new new yet.

Please come--we have a tremendous number of boardies coming, and it's the chance for the newer guys to meet the oldschool board members. I want to say that back in 2005 or so I think up to 3 of the top 5 post counts were Bay Area members.

Plus, since we'll have labeled CGC message board tables, it's a chance to talk to some other collectors who are curious about slabs and other stuff.

Just got your email, Marc. Met you at Silicon Valley Comic Con, and I'm excited to get digging for some early appearances of Asian characters. Hope to see some Blazing Comics in there ... :)