• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Berkeley Comic Con Aug. 7 plus board meet-up. Comics only show!

159 posts in this topic

Some of the vintage book highlights included two copies of TOS 39 - CGC 1.5 and a raw 1.8 at HarveyDoss booth. There was also a raw VG Action 22 for $800 at the booth next to Ray Storch (I didn't get the dealer's name).

Cool deal, good to put a face to a name, nice to have met you.

(thumbs u Ben took a pic so that will be my first app :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Finally with the woowoo (Harold) and BitterOldMan (Ray)

DCAC2341-F0A0-4BBF-840B-322026F20FAB_zpsux1j0pyb.jpg

What a great little show today. Thanks Marc (House of Comics) and Tim (Wormboy) for all your efforts :)

BitterOldMan was having way to much fun :o Ben did not bring any Gold (tsk)

I have gone to HarveyDoss house years ago in Santa Rosa but did not see him at con where was he when you enter the door ?

(thumbs u Ben took a pic so that will be my first app :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

What a great little show today. Thanks Marc (House of Comics) and Tim (Wormboy) for all your efforts :)

I have gone to Harveydoss house years ago in sant rosa but did not see him at con where was he when you enter the door ?

Primetime and WooWoo, thanks for sharing your great stories.

I have gone to HarveyDoss house years ago in Santa Rosa but did not see him at con where was he when you enter the door ?

yes Doss was set up just to the right of House of Comics as you walked into the show. I didn't get a pic of Doss's books but he had the biggest SA rack

What a great time!

Thanks to all the CGC boardies who came!

I can't believe Channel 7 News did a piece on it! Did anyone see it (I don't have TV).

Here are a few pics. We were so busy I didn't have time to take as many as I wanted to, but I have some folks sending more, and I'll post more when I get them!

IMG_6491.jpg

I have gone to Harveydoss house years ago in sant rosa but did not see him at con where was he when you enter the door ?

I can't leave out Jeff (jpepx78) who shared a bunch of new vintage photos on his iPad showing comics on newsstands and being read (and burned!) by kids and adults. I especially liked the Bat 1 in the bank vault metal drawer the guy was pulling out. (thumbs u

I can't leave out Jeff (jpepx78) who shared a bunch of new vintage photos on his iPad showing comics on newsstands and being read (and burned!) by kids and adults. I especially liked the Bat 1 in the bank vault metal drawer the guy was pulling out. (thumbs u

I want to see the pics. (worship)

Marc and I want to thank all the sellers who came out and brought terrific material.

Thanks to The Brain - Stephen - for bringing the donuts and drinks for the CGC Boardie table! And for helping with parking and raffles and everything else!

Thanks to Shin for creating our logo, web site, and signs for the CGC Boardie Table.

Thanks to BigHairJer for posting all the street signs, and buying the dealer/atendee donuts! Huge help my friend - thank you!

Special thanks to all the boardies who came and made it a super fun time geeking out about comics. It was so nice to see boardies I haven't seen in years! Nexus, CW, Brain, JBud, Jeffery, Pov! And great to meet the folks I haven't met before, Primetime, Bitteroldman, and many more! Thanks so much for coming out!

We hope to see you next time!

#1, Tim was a rock star today. Really nailed it. You can see him when they post the video on the channel 7 news website. They aired it at five pm today. I assume Divad got wind of the news coverage and that's why he was absent!

#2 Can't say enough about Shin's efforts too.

#3 Totally agree with Tim's post above. Great material in the room (Pov got some insane scores), killer volunteer efforts by BigHairJer and The Brain, great boardie vibe--possibly the most boardie dominated con in world history!

Hope to do another in November and also hope to not only have a regular schedule, but maybe one next summer that we'll get board members to travel for.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone--Tim and I aren't nearly in the league of Tupenny and KOR when it comes to con promoters, but this was a good initial effort and the kind of scope and vibe that we want.