• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC shipped me Action Comics #1 Superman page, FedEx lost it, Help appreciated!
1 1

452 posts in this topic

31 new posts, I thought the page had been found.

As far as people recognizing the address and stealing it because they know it's from CGC

I don't think so

There's much more consistently high value stuff that's way easier to convert to cash going through the mail everyday. (if they were tracking sender addresses)

Look at all the gold/silver bars and coins from ebay alone, plus jewelry/watches.

Electronics

Phones

ETC.......

98% of the population does not automatically equate comics with huge money.

I'm trying to remember the boardie who had some contractors at his house and one came back and stole a bunch of his high value books(plus his chainsaw if I remember right), and then was selling the slabs for 3 dollars a piece.

Could it have been stolen?

Sure

Was it some big inside job based off the address?

I doubt it.

One way or the other it will surface eventually.

Good luck with things.

Edited by budsbundy

Point of origin theft would be easily identified and discovered

I doubt many mid five to six fig salary fedex drivers or sorters would risk their employment, benefits,etc on a chance.

Mid five fig salary for a FedEx driver sounds right, but six fig for a driver??? Probably six for their pilots.

multiple drivers I know make 6 figures

From stealing packages and selling the contents?? That's sickening!!!!

Point of origin theft would be easily identified and discovered

I doubt many mid five to six fig salary fedex drivers or sorters would risk their employment, benefits,etc on a chance.

Mid five fig salary for a FedEx driver sounds right, but six fig for a driver??? Probably six for their pilots.

From stealing packages and selling the contents?? That's sickening!!!!

lol

Seems like theft would be rampant at the CGC headquarters; especially in terms of outbound shipping. Even if one didn't know what CGC stood for, a simple google search would confirm the type of business and address. Carriers know based on the address that in every box there is something valuable.

What are you basing this off of?

Can you be more specific?

Are you stating that theft IS rampant via shipping outbound from CGC? If so, please provide additional info. Thanks.

No I don't know that, but if it were it wouldn't come as a surprise. I mean all packages leaving there headquarters address have comics in them. A carrier could google the return address on the box, know what kind of business is operated at that address (i.e. grading and returning of high dollar comics).

Well sure, there's always a chance/possibility...but as others have noted if there was a trend we as a community would be all over this like stink on mess.

Welcome to the bores. zzz .. err...boards...

31 new posts, I thought the page had been found.

As far as people recognizing the address and stealing it because they know it's from CGC

I don't think so

There's much more consistently high value stuff that's way easier to convert to cash going through the mail everyday. (if they were tracking sender addresses)

Look at all the gold/silver bars and coins from ebay alone, plus jewelry/watches.

Electronics

Phones

ETC.......

I'm trying to remember the boardie who had some contractors at his house and one came back and stole a bunch of his high value books(plus his chainsaw if I remember right), and then was selling the slabs for 3 dollars a piece.

Could it have been stolen?

Sure

Was it some big inside job based off the address?

I doubt it.

One way or the other it will surface eventually.

Good luck with things.

Sadly, there has been no update that the page has been found. Only an update that FedEx put him in touch with an employe who works closely with CGC and that hopefully he will be fully compensated if the page is not found.

Sadly, there has been no update that the page has been found. Only an update that FedEx put him in touch with an employe who works closely with CGC and that hopefully he will be fully compensated if the page is not found.

Unfortunately, the page has not been found as of yet. But it is the weekend, and I'm hoping for some good news during the work week. :wishluck:

Unfortunately, the page has not been found as of yet. But it is the weekend, and I'm hoping for some good news during the work week. :wishluck:

:wishluck: :wishluck:

What parts of the country do they live/drive in?

How many years with the company?

What kind of hours per work week are they putting in?

I'm in Florida and no idea how many years or how many hours just know I know multiple of them that do

And I believe in employee of Fed ex is also chimed in this thread

Very true. Even with the occasional news story about a big money book (like an Action #1) being found and going up for sale, people largely still associate comics with being a "kids" thing. Friends of mine, and co-workers over the years who found out I collected pretty much always had a skeptical look on their face that said "Really?". The ones who I discussed the financial end of the business (and the money that potentially could be involved) were always completely shocked that there was a whole industry in it (and astounded that people paid even three figures for any book, never mind five, six, or seven).

That said, keeping my fingers crossed that the book turns up safe and sound. :wishluck:

I can't tell in your sigline, is that Supes throwing Zod, as in the original, or has that been altered to Bats?

And I believe an employee of Fed ex is also chimed in this thread

dats true. 14hrs a day, 5 days a week will pull u in that kinda dough, but trust me, u can forget about any sort of a social life (which is why I'm a comic nerd)(No time for chicks) :hi:

dats true. 14hrs a day, 5 days a week will pull u in that kinda dough, but trust me, u can forget about any sort of a social life (which is why I'm a comic nerd)(No time for chicks) :hi:

What good is money without time? (shrug)

I tell myself that on a daily basis, but trust me, it aint easy to walk away from albeit its tempting at times. The divorce rate is also pretty high as you'd imagine.

Or chicks. lol

Or chicks. lol

I was actually coming back to post that same thought. haha

Or chicks. lol

yea, but as u get older, the magic V seems much less important than a good high grade superhero book. The superhero book doesn't require u to wine and dine it in order to acquire it and in the end it could cost you your entire collection :preach:

Or chicks. lol

yea, but as u get older, the magic V seems much less important than a good high grade superhero book. The superhero book doesn't require u to wine and dine it in order to acquire it and in the end it could cost you your entire collection.

Either your magic V has never truly been magic or I'm not old enough to empathize. :jokealert:...maybe

lol