• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC shipped me Action Comics #1 Superman page, FedEx lost it, Help appreciated!
1 1

452 posts in this topic

Wanted to give this thread a little bump with a VERY odd experience I just had with Fedex. It isn't comic related, but still weird.

I ordered a home security system a week ago, and after installation, I decided I needed a glass break window sensor. I placed the order this past weekend, and the sensors were shipped via Fedex 2-day delivery. My package arrived today. I opened it up, and inside...six urine drug samples from a toxicology lab in Louisiana. It had the patients' info, SSN, drug results, etc. CRAZY!

The weirdest part is that the tracking number on the package is the tracking number for my security system. I called Fedex and the first woman understood the situation and was talking about how odd it was, she had never seen this happen, etc. She had to put me in touch with another department of Fedex. I explained the same thing to a different woman and she said someone would be by tomorrow to pick up the wrong delivery. After that, she was trying to hang up, but I told her I still needed the package I ordered. She asked for tracking, and I told her it was the tracking number of the urine samples. lol

Then I had to wait while she looked up the shipment. Her reply was, "Your package was delivered at 6:04 P.M. You might want to ask your neighbors if they saw a package since you're claiming you don't have it." I then told her the "package" was the urine samples and that my original package would keep showing up delivered because it was the same tracking number. She still didn't seem to understand and ended up telling me she would have to check with the shipping department and get back with me. Thankfully, the security company is sending me a replacement free of charge. There's no telling where my original order is right now. And to make it even weirder, the complete tracking info from Fedex is the correct route from the security company in Virginia to my home in NC, so I'm not sure how I got a package from Louisiana with the exact same tracking.

So all that to say, anymore news about the missing page? :wishluck:

Were the urine samples from Russian sounding names c/o the IOC?

The bags of urine story is funny, hopefully Wayne-Tec can get a laugh out of it.

Every time I see a posting in this thread I want to click on it and see "Parcel found!!!"

Me too. :wishluck:

I don't have any tales of urine samples showing at my door unannounced but I do have a relatable story of completely moronic behavior on the part of a USPS driver.

I had a box with about a $1000 in slabs get delivered to my front doorstep about a month and a half ago, via USPS from Canada.

The box was sent with $1K worth of insurance, signature required.

It was left on my front doorstep.Despite the shipping label clearing reading, in bold faced type:

"ADULT SIGNATURE REQUIRED".

The only thing stopping someone from picking it up and walking away with it was a set of 10 steps, and I dunno, 200 feet of sidewalk leading up to my front door.

Luckily, I live in a decent neighborhood and it was a pretty large box, as well.

The more I think about it, the more I think I should have reported the package as not delivered and just kept the damn box, cracked open the books and re-subbed them.The sender and myself would not be out any money, since insurance was paid for.

That would teach them a lesson, I'm sure the driver would take some heat for dropping off a $1000 insured packaged, when it was supposed to be signed for.

Not that I would actually do that, because that is just theft, any way you slice it.....but it would serve USPS, and that driver, right.

Did you check to see if the driver signed for it themself? That is a frequently abused loophole.

Except for when the driver signs for it himself and leaves it at the wrong address... it results in chaos. Still fuming over that as I wait for a delivery today.

I remember about 7 years ago my door bell rang on a Saturday morning. went outside and there was a package on my door step and the fedex or UPS (cant remember which) truck was driving away. It was a early AM overnight shipment. Urgent. Noticed the address was not mine. I called them and they told me that I can drop it off on Monday at any drop off. I told them it looked medical and they should send the driver back.,they person told me that they cant do that but can have a fedex / UPS truck come Monday morning to pick it up . I could not believe it. I got in my car and drove to the persons house., The package was medicine for there daughter and she needed it which is why they had it overnighted Saturday morning. Glad I did not wait until Monday to bring it back to the deliverer.

I remember about 7 years ago my door bell rang on a Saturday morning. went outside and there was a package on my door step and the fedex or UPS (cant remember which) truck was driving away. It was a early AM overnight shipment. Urgent. Noticed the address was not mine. I called them and they told me that I can drop it off on Monday at any drop off. I told them it looked medical and they should send the driver back.,they person told me that they cant do that but can have a fedex / UPS truck come Monday morning to pick it up . I could not believe it. I got in my car and drove to the persons house., The package was medicine for there daughter and she needed it which is why they had it overnighted Saturday morning. Glad I did not wait until Monday to bring it back to the deliverer.

That was super nice of you! Humanity is restored.

you sir-- are what I call good people!

I like UPS's response, that he was free to do with it however he wanted. Probably not something the Federal Government wants to hear. I am surprised they don't have their own secure delivery system.

Still no post that package was found. This thread is stressing me out. :facepalm:

Unfortunately no, the package has not been found. :(

Any attempted resolution on their part since you spoke to their CGC rep?

I was told that someone from CGC would contact me this week. Thus far, nobody has.