• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC shipped me Action Comics #1 Superman page, FedEx lost it, Help appreciated!
1 1

452 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm looking for any help/advice I can get on this one.

I recently bought an Action Comics #1 Superman page. When I first received it, the old CGC slab had cracked, so I immediately sent it back out to CGC to be re-holdered. I opted to have it shipped to a FedEx ship center because A) I didn't want it left on my porch or sitting around at the local, humid, post office and B) I've had bad experiences with USPS losing packages in the past.

How ironic.

FedEx has since lost my package that was shipped via FedEx Standard Overnight.

Upon first receiving the page in the original slab cracked, I printed out a CGC submission form right there at their ship center and foolishly overlooked the note that when CGC ships packages back to you via FedEx, it will only be covered up to $100. I just assumed that it would be insured on CGC's end. My mistake, and it was a big one. Had I realized that it would only be insured for up to $100, I would have never selected that service.

My package was shipped by CGC on Monday (7/18/16) and was supposed to be delivered Tuesday (7/19/16). Through FedEx tracking, there are no updates since Monday night, when it was said to have arrived in Memphis, Tennessee.

I called FedEx to open up an investigation, they said it will probably be about 24 hours before they get back to me.

Please, any advice anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Not only did I spend a ton of money to buy this page, but it's irreplaceable. The classic image of Superman breaking through the chains, it all began on that page.

Now it's missing. Please tell me there is hope.

1_zpscidp2b6i.jpg

2_zpsii4cvwzi.png

If it means anything to you, I'm in the same boat. My CL win was "delivered" today at house according to the tracking. I get home, no package. Spoke with my Mom and son who was in the house at the time, said they didn't see anything. I really think they delivered it to the wrong house. They're investigating now, but I really don't anything good coming out of this.

FYI, it was a 9.0 copy of Tec 411.

RADBAFED2016824_154746.jpg

This is the "new" way of employee theft.

They "deliver" the package, and the insurance you buy on these packages does not apply to parcels that are "delivered" and they can't find them.

I have lost 3 parcels this way through different senders over the last 3 years.

I just sent an alert to the local comic shops around my area with a description and a link to the scanned image over at CL. Unless the shop is just unscrupulous or the thief bright enough to crack the book out, I'm not going to make it easier for him to sell it.

Hey guys,

I recently bought an Action Comics #1 Superman page. When I first received it, the old CGC slab had cracked, so I immediately sent it back out to CGC to be re-holdered. I opted to have it shipped to a FedEx ship center because A) I didn't want it left on my porch or sitting around at the local, humid, post office and B) I've had bad experiences with USPS losing packages in the past.

How ironic.

Upon first receiving the page in the original slab cracked, I printed out a CGC submission form right there at their ship center and foolishly overlooked the note that when CGC ships packages back to you via FedEx, it will only be covered up to $100. I just assumed that it would be insured on CGC's end. My mistake, and it was a big one. Had I realized that it would only be insured for up to $100, I would have never selected that service.

My package was shipped by CGC on Monday (7/18/16) and was supposed to be delivered Tuesday (7/19/16). Through FedEx tracking, there are no updates since Monday night, when it was said to have arrived in Memphis, Tennessee.

I called FedEx to open up an investigation, they said it will probably be about 24 hours before they get back to me.

Please, any advice anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Not only did I spend a ton of money to buy this page, but it's irreplaceable. The classic image of Superman breaking through the chains, it all began on that page.

1_zpscidp2b6i.jpg

2_zpsii4cvwzi.png

If it means anything to you, I'm in the same boat. My CL win was "delivered" today at house according to the tracking. I get home, no package. Spoke with my Mom and son who was in the house at the time, said they didn't see anything. I really think they delivered it to the wrong house. They're investigating now, but I really don't anything good coming out of this.

They "deliver" the package, and the insurance you buy on these packages does not apply to parcels that are "delivered" and they can't find them.

One of the things that would help your case and everyone else's is by calling CLink and asking them for assistance. My dislike of FedEx is well documented here. But I believe that when I called CLink they also called Fed Ex and complained. Let the company itself put pressure on Fed Ex and at the same time let CLink know that they should offer shipping options outside of FedEx.

Did that right away. Unfortunately it was around 5:30 when I called yesterday and they had already shut down for the weekend. Followed up my voicemail with an email so hopefully someone will get message on Monday.

I have full faith in ComicLink themselves. They may not always do things I like but I do believe that they act in a very fair way and do treat their customers with respect.

Fed Ex? Fed Ex can "enjoy their week"

Hey guys,

How ironic.

1_zpscidp2b6i.jpg

2_zpsii4cvwzi.png

One of the things that would help your case and everyone else's is by calling CLink and asking them for assistance. My dislike of FedEx is well documented here. But I believe that when I called CLink they also called Fed Ex and complained. Let the company itself put pressure on Fed Ex and at the same time let CLink know that they should offer shipping options outside of FedEx.

Clink will ship via USPS if you request it. I did that once and went back to FedEx.

If it is convenient, having the shipment routed to a FedEx store location for pickup should solve these issues. I do this every time. This way the box is never left on my doorstep and never goes "missing". Hard for them to argue against insurance if they can't find your box after calling you to say it's waiting at their location for you.

^ It's one of the reasons why I never (and I repeat NEVER) have my stuff sent to a residence location. Technically a bit "harder" to have it "lost" if they go to that location multiple times per day etc. I also believe areas where they frequently visit might be managed a bit closer. No proof, just a gut feel. Makes sense though, if "x" location generates "y" income that some manager might have an eye on it to keep things running smoothly/happy.

Sorry to go OT but I think we all would like a courtesy update from the OP. PDQ.

I believe it's Fed Ex policy to drop off a package as delivered under a certain declared value (I believe it's $100).

It's a catch 22 because you typically don't want a high value declaration on a package but you also don't want it dropped off without a sig.

I understand why Fed Ex does it. It reduces backlog by having to return as many packages undelivered and force them to make a second attempt.

I agree that your best option, if nobody is there to recieve the paxkage, is to ask the shipper have it held at your local depot until you pick it up.

I know in hindsight this isn't worth much but any time I'm awaiting a package from FedEx I always call once it's in the system and ask them to hold at office for pickup. They won't even put it out on truck and even try delivering once and you'll be able to pick up the same day it would have been "out for delivery". UPS I've always had to wait until they try once (if they don't just leave the package) before calling.

If you rent a box at your local UPS Store and have everyone ship items to it then you don't have to worry about a lost or package that was delivered to the wrong address. Our UPS store scans in the package when UPS/FedEx/DHL/USPS drops them off. They become responsible for them at that time until I pick them up. Also, they note on the slip I have to sign for if the package arrived in good shape, damaged, or open.

Never had a package get delivered incorrectly since having all our mail sent there.

You can always have FedEx packages delivered to a retail store location and then pick it up when it's delivered. This way it's kept in a secure location and there's less risk of a package being delivered with no proof. All you need to do is supply ID when picking it up. My company does that a lot with test equipment so that it's in market by the time a tech arrives and they don't have to wait.

You can always have FedEx packages delivered to a retail store location and then pick it up when it's delivered. This way it's kept in a secure location and there's less risk of a package being delivered with no proof. All you need to do is supply ID when picking it up. My company does that a lot with test equipment so that it's in market by the time a tech arrives and they don't have to wait.

Bingo. But that stare....is ominous. :)

Well, just an update on my situation anyway. FedEx got lucky. They had no idea where they dropped off my package, but where ever it was, the person actually reported the mis-delivered package. I guess there's still some honest people out there. They still couldn't get it right as the box was mis-routed at least twice since they picked it up from the person's residence. I went to two locations where they told me it would be waiting and it turned out to false information. Was finally delivered today and thankfully, intact.

Well, just an update on my situation anyway. FedEx got lucky. They had no idea where they dropped off my package, but where ever it was, the person actually reported the mis-delivered package. I guess there's still some honest people out there. They still couldn't get it right as the box was mis-routed at least twice since they picked it up from the person's residence. I went to two locations where they told me it would be waiting and it turned out to false information. Was finally delivered today and thankfully, intact.

:applause: