• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

Guys Im new here.. wanna ask.. why is TTA 27 so expensive?? I know its the Antman appearance... thanks

Welcome - TTA 27 is probably the hardest to locate (on the stands late 1961) Marvel superhero key, from what I've been told.

Seems odd that a b-lister like Ant-Man would command as much as the more popular Marvel characters, doesn't it? Many don't even consider TTA #27 Ant-Man's first appearance (opting instead for Astonish #35).

As sacentaur stated, it's about as scarce as SA Marvels get, but that's just half of it. People collect Marvel keys. All of 'em. And, throw the movie hype on top of that, and you get the current market for Tales To Astonish #27.

Personally, I kinda like that TTA 27's finally feeling some heat. It was my first key, and I'll always have a soft spot for it.

Plus, it also has that dark brown cover which makes it a bit tougher to find in high grade. Dark covers are always tough, add to that the movie hype, it being a key book and the fact that it is on the lower end of the big key print runs and you have a pretty solid price increase. I had planned on upgrading from my 3.5, not so sure now. lol

I have an 8.5 TTA 36 ow/w, I put it up for sale but no one seemed to want it.

TTA 36 seems to be a common issue, but if I just didn't purchase one (old label, too) I'd definitely be interested - I really like that issue a lot.

TTA 36 seems to be a common issue, but if I just didn't purchase one (old label, too) I'd definitely be interested - I really like that issue a lot.

Wouldn't say common, but I bought it cause I loved the cover

Post a scan of it! I'd love to see it...

Post a scan of it! I'd love to see it...

Ask and you shall receive! This 8.5 is sexy!

TTA36-1_zps25b4b1ca.jpg

It's hard to follow up on Korvac's ridiculous copy of #27 but I will try.

The #36 is an under copy. I really thought the #38 should grade higher and I'm happy to have a nice 42 as that issue has proven extremely tough to find in grade.

DSCN0985_zpsd310f01a.jpg

DSCN0987_zps397d5e40.jpg

DSCN0988_zps9e60ac61.jpg