• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,199 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2022 at 4:59 PM, szav said:

Dang just noticed those… someone!s cashing out a nice collection.  The earlier issues seem to be in better shape than the later ones too.

Good lawd, those are something else. All those in one place at once time.

https://www.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=0+793+794+791+792+1893+1577+2088&Nty=1&Ntt=planet+comics&Ntk=SI_Titles-Desc&ic10=BidBuyTab-071515

On 8/26/2022 at 9:39 PM, mwotka said:

Got my Heritage catalogue this week and wowee those Planets are nice to look at!  I haven't been this excited to watch an auction since CC sold off the whole Church run.  Will be some very tough decisions on where to focus any bids.  

Yes I agree! It’s truly an unbelievable collection that HA is auctioning off.  I would say the CC Church auction was the most amazing I’ve seen, followed by this one, and then mikephoen’s Planets on CLink. We’ve had the privilege to see some great Planet collections come to auction in the past few years!

On 8/31/2022 at 1:06 PM, szav said:

What none of you Planetoids thought 8k for this sorta unsafe highest graded Planet 73 was noteworthy?  I'd say it was considering it's not really ever mentioned as one of the classics.  I think this bodes well for the upcoming books on HA, who's prices look a little subdued still.

image.thumb.png.84c42955160f8acf9e71db24a0179a08.png

image.png.691324d72f32436a12e1b79306ee4a36.png

Yeah a very strong price indeed! I hope the Planets on HA don’t go too crazy as I’d like to win one, but I don’t have high hopes!

On 8/31/2022 at 1:06 PM, szav said:

What none of you Planetoids thought 8k for this sorta unsafe highest graded Planet 73 was noteworthy?  I'd say it was considering it's not really ever mentioned as one of the classics.  I think this bodes well for the upcoming books on HA, who's prices look a little subdued still.

image.thumb.png.84c42955160f8acf9e71db24a0179a08.png

image.png.691324d72f32436a12e1b79306ee4a36.png

GPA has a $7800 sale in this grade last January so it's not like uber-crazy.  (Ok, it's crazy at either price, but that's a market for you)

On 10/1/2022 at 1:21 AM, Spyder! said:

Wow! Congrats on some truly great books. 2 of Doolin’s best and a classic Zolnerowich! (worship)

Thanks! It was one of those cases where they were put in front me when I wasn’t expecting it, but I realized within 20 seconds (it was actually a 7-book stack, four Jungles too) what I would be doing. Came from the personal collection of a dealer I know, from a collection he had bought. I can’t recall if he said it was an original owner that he bought from, but I can ask. Always nice to know and pass along provenance on Golden Age books.