• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

I guess it came back a little lower than CC expected since they said 9.0 earlier? (shrug)

Either way, assuming the colors are really that bright, especially the reds, just wow! 

148C1A21-6A91-418B-84AF-920B40C1D8F8.jpeg

One can only imagine what that will go for lol

1 hour ago, comicjack said:
9 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

So what’s everybody’s guess on the #15 Church, 30k+.  Is that possible?

Yes,Yes and Yes :banana:

I will be very underwhelmed if the 15 only hits 30K …… I'm thinking much higher than that ….. probably none nicer in the world for a book that IS actually scarce. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

14 hours ago, Spyder! said:

I guess it came back a little lower than CC expected since they said 9.0 earlier? (shrug)

Either way, assuming the colors are really that bright, especially the reds, just wow! 

148C1A21-6A91-418B-84AF-920B40C1D8F8.jpeg

I think the scan is juiced towards the red side of things. Look at the CGC logo on the slab it is not blue. The yellow is again "lacking" to me. I suspect the reds are very nice on the book but not that level.

Check out my "crappy" 1.5 yellow. First scan is on my HP 7400 C and still in the slab, second scan is deslabbed and done on my large scale surface Mircotek.

I think the Microtek scan is far more accurate, but even then the yellow is brighter than the Church copy...and I think that is impossible :)

PlanetComics15cgc15_zpsdf32b738.jpg

Cover%20Split_zpsotrxtlbf.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

The books are lovely, but since I'm a realist and I know there is no way I'm going to win one of them, keep me in mind if any of you do win,lol.

I'm still missing about 6 books in the run and I'd like to upgrade a few others (9.0's are not necessary, 4.0's are fine;) 

Good luck everyone:) 

2 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

The books are lovely, but since I'm a realist and I know there is no way I'm going to win one of them

I'm not even registering to bid. It would be like a homeless guy applying for a job as Lady Gaga's dress designer.

Totally pointless.

Just now, Grantley Goddard said:

I'm not even registering to bid. It would be like a homeless guy applying for a job as Lady Gaga's dress designer.

Totally pointless.

I feel the same way. Reality says I have no chance at all to win one of them, but I am going to dare to dream.

48 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

The books are lovely, but since I'm a realist and I know there is no way I'm going to win one of them, keep me in mind if any of you do win,lol.

I'm still missing about 6 books in the run and I'd like to upgrade a few others (9.0's are not necessary, 4.0's are fine;) 

Good luck everyone:) 

:hi:

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

I think the scan is juiced towards the red side of things. Look at the CGC logo on the slab it is not blue. The yellow is again "lacking" to me. I suspect the reds are very nice on the book but not that level.

Check out my "crappy" 1.5 yellow. First scan is on my HP 7400 C and still in the slab, second scan is deslabbed and done on my large scale surface Mircotek.

I think the Microtek scan is far more accurate, but even then the yellow is brighter than the Church copy...and I think that is impossible :)

PlanetComics15cgc15_zpsdf32b738.jpg

Cover%20Split_zpsotrxtlbf.jpg

You have a copy that's what counts (thumbsu