• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about a classic rock concert at Wizard World Chicago?
1 1

386 posts in this topic

Anyone here have any idea how good a player Matt is?

Rolling Stone says his first album was looking for an identity, but the second album hit its stride with a nuanced, ethereal atmosphere.

Rolling Stone says his first album was looking for an identity, but the second album hit its stride with a nuanced, ethereal atmosphere.

And then there's of course the "lost" Pedigree album, snippets of which have been leaked on the internet.

And then there's of course the "lost" Pedigree album, snippets of which have been leaked on the internet.

It's almost finished, a la Chinese Demcoracy.

I miss Chicago basketball :(
no Chicago bball???

I didn't see the signup sheet that normally pops up in Comics General.

The new signup sheet requires full releases of video rights.

We're gonna need promo posters to hype the show!

RedRocketRoy_zps4wzaifix.jpg

Isn't that how Chris Angel stands when he finishes a trick?

criss-angel-52.jpeg

Since you have Dolmayan will you be doing a Roy version of Chop Suey?

Roy... you can kind of pull of Tankian's look in this one...

Does 'classic' rock mean 1980s bands like the Cars, Echo and the Bunnymen, Talking Heads, Blondie, :popcorn: or the 1970s Elton John, Fleetwood Mac, Heart?

.....only one right, the first four bands were formed in the 1970's and Elton and Fleetwood in the 1960's. :headbang:

Would Dolmayan even agree to play Elton John or Fleetwood Mac? I would hope not! The classic rock were talking about here is Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, that kind of mess.

Does 'classic' rock mean 1980s bands like the Cars, Echo and the Bunnymen, Talking Heads, Blondie, :popcorn: or the 1970s Elton John, Fleetwood Mac, Heart?

Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Sabbath.

That sort of classic rock. :banana:

If you can get Zeppelin to reunite for this "multimedia event", I'm in.

:headbang:

no Chicago bball???

If we were to play we could play Saturday morning. Do you want mt to start organizing for Sat?

Simon Bisely, famed artist from the UK is supposed to play a song or two on bass.

Hopefully he doesn't read this thread and see that you misspelled his name. lol

Fixed!

I would be happy with reuniting the KISS army: Rock n Roll All Night and party every day ..., Detroit, Rock City, I was made for loving you ! Vintage Roy still has his platform shoes. (thumbs u Comic book related as KISS met Scooby Doo. <3

Enjoy!

:fear:

Alright, who renamed the "how do I know if I'm having a midlife crisis?" thread?
lol

Oh, I passed my midlife crisis over a decade ago. I'm now headed into senior citizen insanity that comes with too many burned out brain cells.

But seriously folks, we're super excited about this. We've been trying to get it off the ground since last summer.

Matt is a great guitar player.

John D. is looking forward to play some music that he rarely gets a chance to play.

I'm the noob here so here's hoping it goes half decent. :blush:

I like to sing but hopefully more comes out of my mouth than just joyful noises. lol

Alright, who renamed the "how do I know if I'm having a midlife crisis?" thread?

You are never to old to rock. I've got 20 years on Roy and I still play in a rock-a-billy band. I do have a shirt on and don't wear leather pants though.

Go for it Roy and make sure you post a song or two on the boards for the rest of us old rock geezers!

Thanks!

I'm going to try to video record the show. (thumbs u

no Chicago bball???

If we were to play we could play Saturday morning. Do you want mt to start organizing for Sat?

hasn't it always been Friday morning?

don't think Saturday works with con opening at 9-10?

no Chicago bball???

hasn't it always been Friday morning?

don't think Saturday works with con opening at 9-10?

It usually is but with the band going on Friday night, I can't play Friday morning now.

So if you guys want to get a game going I'm sure lots of people will want to play. I just can't.

Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Sabbath.

That sort of classic rock. :banana:

If you can get Zeppelin to reunite for this "multimedia event", I'm in.

:headbang:

Yeah, I gave Plant a call but they were too busy to make the show. :insane:

Funny joke.

I was texting with John and he sent me a text stating "Just spoke to Ozzy and he said he's in Chicago that weekend and said he wants to come by the show."

I'm in full freakout mode as I'm a lifelong Ozzy fan since probably 1981.

He then follows up with a 'just kidding' text. doh!