• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAN OF STEEL 2 starring Henry Cavill (TBD)
4 4

445 posts in this topic

Sad but not surprising. The DCU is, and has always been, a mess. Cavill was great as Superman but never got to achieve greatness because of the movies he was in. 

Well this just sucks.  I get it, they want to "reboot" the DC films, but wow Cavill was my favorite Superman to date.

I'm not mad at Gunn, but wow I am pissed at the Studio for wasting Cavill and honestly wasting Snyder.  

Will I be on board with the next Superman?  Who knows that is probably 4 to 5 years from now.  Will I be on board with Flash or Aquaman?  No.  Warner can choke on it.

On 12/14/2022 at 9:20 PM, media_junkie said:

Will I be on board with Flash or Aquaman?  No.  Warner can choke on it.

Yeah.

I was on the fence with these two films. Now I've hopped over to the neighbor's yard. Phase 5 better be good.

Well, it's too bad as Cavill's one of the few things that has worked for me at least a little in the "DC Universe."  However, the best phrase to describe my attitude over the years is, "Boy, I sure hope the next movie's better" (which of course I've had to apply frequently during Phase Four over at Marvel).  The two things that made Marvel so successful through "End Game" was the writing and casting mostly exactly the right actors.  My view is that Cavill's the right actor, but the writing's let him down.  Sometimes, there's only so much you can do with the material you're given.

By the time Gunn and Safran announce their play we may be looking at casting the grandkids of current stars that are being turfed.......

If I were an activist institutional investor with a big stake in WBD, I would be firing Zaslav for not having a plan already to go by Gunn and Safran upon them taking the reigns. This "transition" will likely be taught as how not to do things in business schools shortly. We are announcing the new leaders without a plan so they can take time to develop one lol 

On 12/15/2022 at 2:48 AM, bentbryan said:

I’m a big fan of Gunn but my word. The circus show known as DCWB continues. 

It was the right move. Cavill as Superman didn't sell enough tickets. Superman's Black Adam appearance was the test that failed the box office with the Rock. Game Over.