• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

hey, I skipped # 3. Imagine that! If anyone has a copy (& I don't mean swiping a link) please post! It's probably in the Top 10 Toughest pch books, IMO. gossip.gif

1294288-tmih4.jpg

1294288-tmih4.jpg.f1009aec1c062e7da7403c1d36298faf.jpg

Edited by precodekeith

...and now for something completely different.

1293792-Voodoo8.jpg

Perhaps the only "pre-code iron-bra cover" ever done! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Some recent acquisitions of my own...

Always loved this cover, too bad the inside story doesn't live up to the cover. frown.gif

1292916-AdventuresIntoWeirdWorlds%2324.jpg

thumbsup2.gifI never understood why this wasn't considered more of a "classic" cover - it was the first Atlas horror book I picked up in the early 90s-mainly because it was inexpensive - and it still seems to go for a relatively low price.

After only a couple of months buying pre-code horror, I have noticed the same names cropping up again and again. Just curious if any of these guys are boardmembers...

mrmyst

majestic_comics

tommyfoxwood

agro23

bakerfan

After only a couple of months buying pre-code horror, I have noticed the same names cropping up again and again. Just curious if any of these guys are boardmembers...

mrmyst

majestic_comics

tommyfoxwood

agro23

bakerfan

You forgot aldzm3, mrmystery48, artbooks77 and some bloke called goldust40. tongue.gif

agro23 is a Forumite and also a good mate of mine - you can partly blame me for getting him into L.B. Cole... crazy.gif

Did anyone see this other Kelly Freas preliminary for Witchcraft #5?

Freas prelim

Hadn't seen that prelim before, do you own it? While Freas may be more well known for his work in other genres, I find that cover to be his most iconic piece. Of course, I am a horror head, so I may be somewhat biased. crazy.gif

Freas prelim

He's done a recreation of that cover so I would suspect that to be either a prelim for the recreation or a more primitive recreation (I recall the recreation as being done tonally, in ink wash but I might be wrong about that). Is there any indication as to when that piece was done?

Freas prelim

He's done a recreation of that cover so I would suspect that to be either a prelim for the recreation or a more primitive recreation (I recall the recreation as being done tonally, in ink wash but I might be wrong about that). Is there any indication as to when that piece was done?

It's in Bill Howard's gallery on comicartfans.com. Very, very nice.

Freas prelim

It's in Bill Howard's gallery on comicartfans.com. Very, very nice.

Thanks! thumbsup2.gif I'm sure that's where I saw it.