• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

Hollingsworth...

1260652-CityoftheLivingDeadFront.jpg

STUNNING Copy! I have never owned this one, but always wanted it. How are the insides?

Metamorpho and Sapphire Stagg prototype cover?

Jack

This is the Undead Thread!

Screw the aphabetical order, let's just keep it going! :sumo:

Hey! Thanks for keeping the thread UNDEAD! :busy:

Actually, I hope that WoF 10 post didn't make it appear like I thought this thread was about my books in alpha/numeric. I certainly never wanted it to just be a showcase for my colllection, and I've always been thrilled when anyone posts a pch book here. I've always kinda hoped the thread would be a good forum for all things pch related. :wishluck:

That being said, I was a little morose on finishing the scans of what had initially been my pch collection, but...

...I did acquire a few more books as the thread progressed, and I held them back if they were "out of order". So, prepare to see a whole new round, starting with books that begin with "A"...

...and please, please keep posting your pre-code stuff everyone! Again, the thread is not about my books, it's about horror. Which is bigger than all of us. :eek:

STUNNING Copy! I have never owned this one, but always wanted it. How are the insides?

I just read this one the other night... it's a solid book and the title story ("City Of The Living Dead" duh...) is Hollingsworth at his finest.

I just read this one the other night... it's a solid book and the title story ("City Of The Living Dead" duh...) is Hollingsworth at his finest.

I guess I have to get a copy!

I got this one in the mail today. Very cool book. I think! :grin:

chamber23.jpg

1 of only 2 "Necrophilia" covers I can think of. Rough stuff!

Would this be the other you're thinking of... hm

WeirdMysteries12.jpg

Believe it or not the cover to that Voodoo issue is a cover swipe with South Seas Girl added in. I found the original cover while going through the GCD one day and thought I saved the cover image but lost it and can't remember the title of the book now! :frustrated:

The original cover had a man where SS Girl is punching the zombie to the right, that is why he is tilted back the way he is. Same large main zombie but the cover was in an overall yellow. Wish I could find it again...

lol copping a feel does not a necrophiliac make!

Y'know, there's no necrophilia here, unless South Sea Girl is enjoying the attention more than she's letting on. Strictly speaking, I guess we could call the grabby zombie an animaphiliac.

Jack

or "Zombie with good taste"

:bump: info on Ekgren -

48433-BillEkgrenPic1.jpg

I don't recall if we've ever seen / shown that supposed missing cover. In Alter Ego # 77's coverage of St John, Quattro and Thomas run this pic of the cover. Had this been posted before? If so, sorry for the repeat but if I forgot others might also have ... :foryou:

57935-Ekgren-MissingCover.jpg.3891c1aced15c7391b86a84555df78a2.jpg

Believe it or not the cover to that Voodoo issue is a cover swipe with South Seas Girl added in. I found the original cover while going through the GCD one day and thought I saved the cover image but lost it and can't remember the title of the book now! :frustrated:

The original cover had a man where SS Girl is punching the zombie to the right, that is why he is tilted back the way he is. Same large main zombie but the cover was in an overall yellow. Wish I could find it again...

Issue 46, sorry I don't have a good scan but the swipe is obvious.

bb

2478711489_d3b21003c0_o.jpg

Issue 46, sorry I don't have a good scan but the swipe is obvious.

bb

2478711489_d3b21003c0_o.jpg

HAW!

The Grabby Zombie is an equal opportunity grabber.

Jack