• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,233 posts in this topic

I am sooo BUMMMMED! I lost out on a  beautiful grail tonight during the heritage black cat show- I put in a hefty bid ahead of time because I knew I would be working... but I managed to log on when the book came up.  I logged in to bid live, but when I was outbid, it wouldn't let me bid!! I was screaming and pounding and all kinds of cuss.  That 4 second count down played like a slow motion disaster.  What  happened?  I wonder if maybe when I put in my original bid I accidentally checked "disable live bidding"?  I've never selected that before, does anyone know if that could be the reason?  Been saving and waiting forever for a nice copy.  I know there will be another eventually- but that one was supposed to be mine!!!   

As a gesture of gratitude for all those  who sat through my rant- enjoy this PCH inspired painting by the one and only Gary Panter.  He did a series of them, you can see some on his insta.

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 8.45.44 PM.png

On 11/4/2021 at 11:09 PM, Black Bat said:

I am sooo BUMMMMED! I lost out on a  beautiful grail tonight during the heritage black cat show- I put in a hefty bid ahead of time because I knew I would be working... but I managed to log on when the book came up.  I logged in to bid live, but when I was outbid, it wouldn't let me bid!! I was screaming and pounding and all kinds of cuss.  That 4 second count down played like a slow motion disaster.  What  happened?  I wonder if maybe when I put in my original bid I accidentally checked "disable live bidding"?  I've never selected that before, does anyone know if that could be the reason?  Been saving and waiting forever for a nice copy.  I know there will be another eventually- but that one was supposed to be mine!!!   

Ugh! I'm so sorry. Super frustrating.

On 11/3/2021 at 5:04 PM, Hap Hazard said:

Amazing Mysteries # 32

amazing mysteries 32 001.jpg

I will never understand why it was legal to change titles from something like "Sub-Mariner" to something completely unrelated, such as "Amazing Mysteries," yet keep the same numbering series. 

On 12/2/2021 at 9:11 PM, Sarg said:

I will never understand why it was legal to change titles from something like "Sub-Mariner" to something completely unrelated, such as "Amazing Mysteries," yet keep the same numbering series. 

Not sure that it is.  I have read stories that publishers were occasionally caught and forced to create a new title and pay the postal fee.