• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MIKE CARBO'S BIG APPLE CON - MARCH 11 & 12, 2017 - NYC
2 2

114 posts in this topic

I missed it last year (first time in its current incarnation that it was a two-day show, I think).  It was fine the couple of previous years as a one-day show.  A fair number of dealers.  Hotter than hades in there, though.  I believe Carbo has tried to put a greater emphasis on celebrities and artists this year.  It will be interesting to see if Stan Lee really appears.

Edited by Sqeggs
Typo

On 2/12/2017 at 10:40 PM, Zolnerowich said:

For me, Steranko would be worth the schlep. 

"Hotter than Hades in there" -- maybe Carbo can keep ticket prices down by not using the AC. (:

Either that or raise ticket prices and crank the AC! Actually, I think it's beyond his control.  Squeeze that many people into a confined space and temperatures will rise. :ohnoez:

So, is anyone going to this??  

Back in the day before Javits started I'd go every year and meet up with the likes of Red Hook, Darwin, Gene, Shad, Kenny, FoolKiller, Paris fred, Captain red pants, etc for lunch and then after the show closed we'd go uptown a bit to Steve B's favorite Chinese place  for Dinner.  As I recall both Starlin and Adams (among others) joined us for dinner, on occasion.

Miss those times...

Are you volunteering to organize a boardie dinner at Shun Lee West near Lincoln Center?  :banana:

The food is okay for upscale Chinese American but it's great if you can get the private party room. 

With Stan Lee and Frank Miller, the show should be packed and the venue hotter than ever, (pun intended) since the show is BYOAC.

I will probably skip this show as it does seem more like a Wizard show than comic show.

Cheers!

N. 

On 2/27/2017 at 0:59 PM, Junkdrawer said:

Just bought a ticket for Sat. And later after the show I'm headed over to Metropolis to check out the Berk collection 7-10

Ditto.  

Junkdrawer (and others), looking forward to meeting you!

3 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Any discount codes working for tickets?

There was one that expired yesterday that was $5 off a Sunday ticket.

BIG APPLE sent an e-mail about it a few days back.  I was busy this weekend so I didn't have a chance to add that info to the boards.