• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MIKE CARBO'S BIG APPLE CON - MARCH 11 & 12, 2017 - NYC
2 2

114 posts in this topic

It should be a good show. I'll be getting Steranko to sign a lowly Cap111. If anyone has a bright white copy hit me up!

My younger brother just went to his first con this year, and is heavy into cosplay. The Boy Wonder will not be making an appearance here though, that's for sure. If I go as something funny, I'll post what I will be here. If someone takes a candid pic, I'll send them a cool book. Just something fun I thought of. That's if I get the cahunas to dress up like a nut. 

First the bad news -- STAN LEE canceled due to illness. Wishing him a speedy recovery. KRISTANNA Loken has also canceled her appearance.

Good news -- as per Big Apple's Facebook post, JIM LEE and JIM SHOOTER will be attending the show.

Jim Lee will only be there Saturday from 10:30-1:30pm.

Edited by JasonDaTwit
Adding more info

8 hours ago, JasonDaTwit said:

First the bad news -- STAN LEE canceled due to illness. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Good news -- JIM LEE and JIM SHOOTER will be attending the show.

Jim Lee will only be there Saturday from 10:30-1:30pm.

It is going to be frigid cold in the city this weekend, a man of Stan's age should be far far away from this show!

The cold is also making me rethink my plans to attend Sunday. I had no real reason to go other than be a lookie-loo and make impulse buys but 30 degrees in NJ is 15 degrees in midtown Manhattan!

Edited by Bird

A part of me knew Stan wouldn't come. I think the snow put the nail in the coffin. I agree that Stan is better suited to hang in the sun. We will miss him though. 

It it will be chilly for sure!! But hot in the show! 

3 hours ago, My young Padawan said:

Thank you for the reply, comicjack.  I will definitely add him to my plan for tomorrow.  Hopefully there will not be a long line for his signature.

There's a 3 comic limit and he's there until 1pm.

Would really like to see a show report from one of you boardies lucky enough to go to this show. One of the better guest line ups I've seen in a long time. Somehow Carbo really know how to get them to show up. Especially the GA and SA folks. And I'm sure many of you will be over at Metro tonight for the Jon Berk show. Would love a few photos and some commentary for us poor schmooze who can't make it...

45 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Would really like to see a show report from one of you boardies lucky enough to go to this show. One of the better guest line ups I've seen in a long time. Somehow Carbo really know how to get them to show up. Especially the GA and SA folks. And I'm sure many of you will be over at Metro tonight for the Jon Berk show. Would love a few photos and some commentary for us poor schmooze who can't make it...

Trying to drink enough hot coffee to fortify myself for the walk over! Brutally cold today. 

What can i expect ive never gone and ive purchased a few tickets if i get there a little later is there usually still a line to get in im used to NYCC ive never attended a snaller con.

Thanks in advance.

Just came from the show, had a good time with my stepson.

I was a bit surprised by how many dealers had just boxes and boxes of slabs to look through.

The line to sub CGC books was long and didn't look like it was really moving.

On 2/10/2017 at 4:29 PM, comicjack said:

Some major dealers from around the country and Metro of course.Have found some good books there in the past so i think i will make the trip in to NY.

It would be fantastic if you could post some pictures of booth display books for us.  :wishluck:

Any idea if Metro would have any of their books on display at the Con, such as some of the pre-Robin 'Tec books in their upcoming CC auction scheduled to close later this month.  hm

I assume all of the big Jon Berk books and items will be in their gallery, as opposed to being in the convention.  (shrug)

3 hours ago, Emezy360 said:

What can i expect ive never gone and ive purchased a few tickets if i get there a little later is there usually still a line to get in im used to NYCC ive never attended a snaller con.

Thanks in advance.

Probably too late to help you, but there was no line when I bought my ticket at the door at around 12:30 pm. Crowded, but not excessively so and not nearly as hot on the floor as previous years. 

37 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

It would be fantastic if you could post some pictures of booth display books for us.  :wishluck:

Any idea if Metro would have any of their books on display at the Con, such as some of the pre-Robin 'Tec books in their upcoming CC auction scheduled to close later this month.  hm

I assume all of the big Jon Berk books and items will be in their gallery, as opposed to being in the convention.  (shrug)

They have five or six of his best books on display, including Action 1, Cap 1, and Fantastic 3.  No pre-Robin Tecs that I saw.  IH 1 CGC 9.0, Tec 1 3.5, Batman 1 restored 7.5, Superman 1 1.0. I'll try to post a couple of pics later. 

Edited by Sqeggs