• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel has lost its way

230 posts in this topic

Marvel's current strategy seems to to chase after new, younger readers and do so by changing things up so drastically that the old readers/ buyers no longer are interested.

And those new, younger readers are a mirage, and Marvel is just chasing its own tail.

Foolkiller

Prowler

Great Lakes Avengers

Occupy Avengers

Cage with artwork that's just :facepalm:

Plus an agenda that seems to be to do away with their iconic characters.

All great ways to make sure your market share declines.

Elaborate on the agenda part.

Foolkiller

Prowler

Great Lakes Avengers

Occupy Avengers

Elaborate on the agenda part.

Banner gone, Stark no longer IM, GR looks like an anime freak, Cap a Hydra agent, then dead.

Not up on your Marvel reading?

Foolkiller

Prowler

Great Lakes Avengers

Occupy Avengers

Agreed. I can't wait to see them crash and burn.

Foolkiller

Prowler

Great Lakes Avengers

Occupy Avengers

Agreed. I can't wait to see them crash and burn.

Since I sell them for a living, how about they just wise up and fix it? ;)

Not to mention their movies which are doing gangbusters, are not in sync with their comics.

A young kid sees a Thor movie, but Thor Odinson isn't there, it's Jane Foster.

See's Iron Man and it's about to become a female named RiRi.

See's Hulk in a movie, picks up a comic, it's not Banner.

2 Captain America's now?

And careful which Spidey mag you buy, one is still Peter Parker, but the other one is some kid named Miles.

The powers that be, have bastardized this Universe. It sucks quite frankly. I read 4 Marvel titles, and it could easily be 2 here shortly. If they start screwing with Daredevil (transgender, Haitian, with a speech impediment), I am out completely.

I had seen some of the previews prior to the newest marvel preview just released and I decided then that I would be chopping my marvel list down to almost nothing. The titles that I will continue i am not excited about at all either. Just don't want any holes in those runs.

Marvel has been ruining what we all know and love. I get the fact that they want the landscape to look more closely to real world times. But at what cost. They are losing more die hard fans than the whimsical fan that they are trying to reel in now. Comics are trendy right now. But sooner than later, that trend will end and they will be back to relying on there die hard fans. Problem is a lot of them will have moved on. Like me. Don't get me wrong. I love marvel and most of the characters. Just not a fan at all of the new marvel u. There is very little right now that resembles ten years ago. I know change is a good thing to a degree, but the way marvel handled it is wrong imo. Most of the new minority characters are not organic and are just pushed in everyone face. Organic characters last. This is just pandering.

And another thing and this is just my opinion. There is nothing memorable on any of these stories. It really seems that marvel has no talent anymore in writing or drawing. My 11 yr old nephew draws better than some of these artists. I remember looking forward to the next issue. That don't happen anymore. I miss that feeling.

Old news.

I gave up on moderns fifteen years ago, and all new books when Cererbus ended.

If something gets some good ink I pick up the trade and read a big fat ol' comic book, done in one.

Marvel didn't learn its lesson in the 70's when it diluted its core titles going for market share, didn't learn it in the 90's when it went for a chunk of distribution and wound up nearly bankrupt, and now it's going to take another beating for tearing out all the stuff that made it an occasional winner to begin with.

I'll be picking up everything published in the new millennium cheap one day soon when the next batch of comic shops go under, and I buy up the old store stock.

Vision is good.

It is, but only sells 20K a month.

Need their heavy hitters to do well. Which means said heavy hitters must be in their books.

ASM has been been pretty good this latest reboot. Seems to be selling quite well too.

Miles Morales on the other hand , looks to be tanking yet another solo title. :facepalm:

-J.