• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 CGC Boards HOLIDAY GIFT EXCHANGE sign up thread

439 posts in this topic

I just checked tracking...my gift to a boardie is at a hub in a town called Shrewsbury. Hmmmm.

:hi:

Greetings from Shrewsbury! We will welcome your gift with open arms and a cozy spot under the tree if it's headed to our house tomorrow!

If, however, it's moving onward to another boardie in the area, I hope it enjoyed it's stay in our fair town, perhaps taking advantage of one of our many fine restaurants while it was here. lol

:whistle:

:hi: Merry Christmas!

:gossip:

Secret Santa

I like "adding" to the fun. My wife hates it when I want to guess my gifts rather than wildly rip them open. But this way I interact with my 2 boardies a little more personally, at least in theory.

mailed today. should get package by Thursday/Friday. I'd like to apologize to the recipient about my poor wrapping job. I wanted to make sure it was received in time. Again, it is wrapped, just poorly...in a newspaper. For what its worth, I tried to wrap it in the comics section and a comic-related page. :sorry:

:sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry:

We should be seeing a "what did you get " thread popping up here before too long :popcorn:

Hopefully not much until after Christmas!

Although, I'd actually instructed my recipient to open one of his gifts upon receipt of the package...and it arrived last Tuesday. But now I'm wondering if my note wasn't clear enough on that since I haven't heard anything from him.

I'm just glad tracking shows the package arrived!! :)

I'm very excited because two perfectly wrapped packages arrived today in the mail. I will see if I can get a picture, but I've been having a lot of problems with my camera so I can't guarantee it. Suffice it to say I'm already beyond excited over these lovely gifts.

Meanwhile, I've been a wee bit off schedule regarding the gifts I'm giving. I have had a hard time figuring out what to give. I guess I have to cross my fingers that what I'm sending will be okay. It will be going out tomorrow priority mail so it should get to him on time. I can only hope.

— Joanna

mailed today. should get package by Thursday/Friday. I'd like to apologize to the recipient about my poor wrapping job. I wanted to make sure it was received in time. Again, it is wrapped, just poorly...in a newspaper. For what its worth, I tried to wrap it in the comics section and a comic-related page. :sorry:

:sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry:

May I inquire as to how much weight is assigned to the wrapping? Personally I don't feel great that my wrapping job was very sub-par. How big of a deal is the wrapping of the gift in the community's eyes? Again I just wanted to make sure it got there in time, though that certainly isn't an excuse.

May I inquire as to how much weight is assigned to the wrapping? Personally I don't feel great that my wrapping job was very sub-par. How big of a deal is the wrapping of the gift in the community's eyes? Again I just wanted to make sure it got there in time, though that certainly isn't an excuse.

It doesn't matter, but if something looks cool, why not mention it? Heck, for the gift I'm sending, I worry that what's inside the wrapping won't be cool enough.

-- Joanna