• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:
8 hours ago, lotemo said:

Teena started in A-1 Comics.  This is the best Teena cover.  Probably because the cover features the backup character Honey rather than Teena.  

t-Teena-11a_zpse251ee07.jpg

Cool, first one of those I've seen

+1

Holey Mackerell!  This just closed on the bay. And they say comics can't go any higher. Makes me want to sell mine but I know I probably won't...  Anybody here want to cop to being the high bidder?  Rick?  Cav?  Just another title I probably won't ever finish...:sorry:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NELLIE-THE-NURSE-25-1950-Timely-Teen-Humor-MARGIE-Morris-Weiss-VG-FN-5-0-JVJ/202221669704?epid=236605114&hash=item2f1559cd48:g:CT0AAOSwY7tae4Vk

25 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Holey Mackerell!  This just closed on the bay. And they say comics can't go any higher. Makes me want to sell mine but I know I probably won't...  Anybody here want to cop to being the high bidder?  Rick?  Cav?  Just another title I probably won't ever finish...:sorry:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NELLIE-THE-NURSE-25-1950-Timely-Teen-Humor-MARGIE-Morris-Weiss-VG-FN-5-0-JVJ/202221669704?epid=236605114&hash=item2f1559cd48:g:CT0AAOSwY7tae4Vk

I collected the Nellie run for several years up until about 6 months ago. This issue is very tough to find above VG. I was watching it, but did not bid. It is a very nice looking copy. There are several issues just like this 25 (Like 30,32,35) that don’t come up often looking as nice as this one. I am sure two who needed it duked it out.

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I didn't bid on it but whoever won- those initials have beaten me many times. :S

6 minutes ago, path4play said:

A bit of back of the long box digging. 

These are so well drawn/full of expressions.  Surprised they haven't yet caught on yet.

2162018003.jpg

2162018002.jpg

Love those 

21 hours ago, path4play said:

Beat and incomplete:$

2162018004.jpg

I like the Ernie books.  The artwork is great!  Since there are only 4 issues and they're not that common, I suspect a lot of collectors just haven't seen them.