• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 10 GGA books
4 4

308 posts in this topic

No problem. Glad you got it. Just sorry I made you pay more than you might have had to...
They say there are no friends in auctions. Everyone gets over not winning or over paying. Next...

You're missing the boat drawer. Rick was kind enough after beating me out of a boards book, to offer to sell it to me for just what he paid even though I said I'd pay more. There are still a few gentlemen left in the comic biz...

+1

Rick is awesome. He offered to sell me a book at cost, that he knew I wanted.

I think Rick is one of the few good guys who is more interested in enjoying the hobby with other collectors, than he is in making an extra dollar.

(thumbs u

There are definitely some good guys on the boards here as I also had a similar experience with Ed (skybolt) who is also an active board member here.

Lost out on a CL bid for the Church copy of Witches Tales 12 to skybolt back in 2009, as I was too slow on the draw. Contacted Ed through PM to express my sincere interest in the book as I simply loved the green spider cover a la Suspense 8. Due to my interest, Ed assured me that I could have the book at his cost when it came time for him to sell it.

Fast forward a few years and noticed that Ed had mentioned on the boards here that he was in the process of selling off some of his books. Sent Ed a PM and although he had no plans to sell the Witched 12 at that time, he decided to pass it onto me at his purchase price plus postage & insurance, even though the book might have gone up in value during the interim.

A truly stand up board member here who cares more about the books finding a good home, as opposed to squeezing the last dollar out of them. :applause:

Needless to say, I still do have the book in my personal collection where it will be staying for many more years (decades hopefully) to come. (thumbs u