• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 10 GGA books
4 4

308 posts in this topic

Probably wouldn't crack my top 25, but as far as teen humor is concerned, I'm surprised this cover is not that popular. Not in the same Category as the some of the Junior covers or Sunny 11, but definitely deserves an honorable mention:

2nimfx5.jpg

Bill Ward :cloud9:

...GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

jbLupok.jpg

+1

Definitely a classic Bill Ward Torchy cover. :cloud9:

Just checked the Mile High Catalog and noticed that there are no Torchy's listed in there. Wonder if this small run was snagged by Burrell Rowe as part of his payment for loaning Chuck the money to buy the Edgar Church collection in the first place? hm

...Chuck gave the Torchy run to an assistant who loved the title. GOD BLESS...

That is certainly interesting to know. (thumbs u

Any idea if any of these Torchy's have come back into the marketplace or are they still in the hands of this assistant here? hm

...GOD BLESS....

jbLupok.jpg

+1

Just checked the Mile High Catalog and noticed that there are no Torchy's listed in there. Wonder if this small run was snagged by Burrell Rowe as part of his payment for loaning Chuck the money to buy the Edgar Church collection in the first place? hm

Any idea if any of these Torchy's have come back into the marketplace or are they still in the hands of this assistant here? hm

I haven't seen them surface...... but I'm just a casual spectator of books at that level...... but fair warning, I'm putting the finishing touches on my pestering campaign to free that Torchy 5 from your grasp :baiting: GOD BLESS....

Probably wouldn't crack my top 25, but as far as teen humor is concerned, I'm surprised this cover is not that popular. Not in the same Category as the some of the Junior covers or Sunny 11, but definitely deserves an honorable mention:

2nimfx5.jpg

Nice book, Mile High and all but which would you rather date? I'm surprised there isn't a lot of love for this book. Probably because there are a lot of people looking for it?

comdotty36_zpsiu7temrr.jpg

A lot of my top (or even 20) have been listed already, but here are couple of my favorites:

Junior #14 is certainly in my top 5:

307yo10.jpg

Wow, REALLY hard to pick a favorite Junior. I like #10,12,15 or 16 just as much...

comjuniorrun_zpsmdm6ffnc.jpg

No doubt. All 8 covers are outstanding.

Definitely my favorite GGA cover:

34or702.jpg

Not my favorite but maybe a strong #2!

So, what's your definite #1 then? hm

Why this hands down. Gotta thing for light posts...

comgiantcom12_zps98684840.jpg

Definitely a worthy contender. I wish I owned a copy at some point. :sorry:

...GOD BLESS....

jbLupok.jpg

+1

I haven't seen them surface...... but I'm just a casual spectator of books at that level...... but fair warning, I'm putting the finishing touches on my pestering campaign to free that Torchy 5 from your grasp :baiting: GOD BLESS....

Torchys are just great cover to cover. Hard to pick a favorite. I would either go with #2,4 or 5

comtorchyrun_zpsjwqye1zk.jpg

2nimfx5.jpg

Nice book, Mile High and all but which would you rather date? I'm surprised there isn't a lot of love for this book. Probably because there are a lot of people looking for it?

comdotty36_zpsiu7temrr.jpg

Just in case my wife is reading this thread, I would say neither. :gossip:

After a little over a year of trying to get this GGA classic finally pulled it off tonight. Pretty tough book. Would be in my honorable mention category.

B5CEF80B-0BD7-4644-B713-913BEB41D0E5_zpsvogjjupv.jpeg

Tough is an understatement Rick. I was the under bidder on that one. Sorry, if I'd known it was you, I'd of backed off. Either way, great grab! That My Desire is equally if not a little more tough. I've owned it twice though.

After a little over a year of trying to get this GGA classic finally pulled it off tonight. Pretty tough book. Would be in my honorable mention category.

B5CEF80B-0BD7-4644-B713-913BEB41D0E5_zpsvogjjupv.jpeg

Tough is an understatement Rick. I was the under bidder on that one. Sorry, if I'd known it was you, I'd of backed off. Either way, great grab! That My Desire is equally if not a little more tough. I've owned it twice though.

Thanks Bob! Sorry to snatch it away from ya. I was so worried I would not get that one my snipe was in the stratosphere!