• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 10 GGA books
4 4

308 posts in this topic

Probably wouldn't crack my top 25, but as far as teen humor is concerned, I'm surprised this cover is not that popular. Not in the same Category as the some of the Junior covers or Sunny 11, but definitely deserves an honorable mention:

2nimfx5.jpg

Ernie Comics #25 - Mike Suchorsky just fell out of my top eleven list into honorable mention at start of this thread. Adding the photo here causes its not one of the usual GGA list suspects.

newcomix-717x1024.jpg

No problem. Glad you got it. Just sorry I made you pay more than you might have had to...
They say there are no friends in auctions. Everyone gets over not winning or over paying. Next...

You're missing the boat drawer. Rick was kind enough after beating me out of a boards book, to offer to sell it to me for just what he paid even though I said I'd pay more. There are still a few gentlemen left in the comic biz...

No problem. Glad you got it. Just sorry I made you pay more than you might have had to...
They say there are no friends in auctions. Everyone gets over not winning or over paying. Next...

You're missing the boat drawer. Rick was kind enough after beating me out of a boards book, to offer to sell it to me for just what he paid even though I said I'd pay more. There are still a few gentlemen left in the comic biz...

Thanks Bob :angel:

I've always loved this book, but love it even more since the HA Auction last week of the Mile High Peps. The copy of this one finished second highest hammer Price after the #17(besting even the much lauded #20)when most of the pack stopped at 31,000.

The double syringe and oozing blood no doubt had a lot to with it, but the Lady at the center of the cover and the gratuitous headlight angle puts it over. Glad this book got shown some love.

Pep%20Comics%2016_zpstfigimx8.jpg

+1

Rick is awesome. He offered to sell me a book at cost, that he knew I wanted.

I think Rick is one of the few good guys who is more interested in enjoying the hobby with other collectors, than he is in making an extra dollar.

I am often frustrated that I am not online when he has his great sales threads and thus I miss out on a lot of nice books at fair prices.

(thumbs u