• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My #1 GA Comic of 2016

218 posts in this topic

Not a big year for me. Filled some holes.

So probably this guy being put to bed although certainly not the most expensive book for me this year. Got to love knocking off one-shots. :grin:

94616d1a6494c0b855954746c64df5d933a204e6.jpeg

(Honorable mention to kicking Phantom Stranger #4 off the bucket list too.)

There's one book I haven't received yet from the recent ComicConnect auction that would top the list, but I doubt I'll get it in hand before the new year...so, I'll go with one from a Heritage auction back around February/March...now the oldest book in my collection...the fact that it's conserved doesn't bother me even one little bit:

detective16_f.jpg

Post your #1 GA Comic of 2016

:rulez: #1 and only #1 :rulez:

I was told there wouldn't be any math involved in this forum.

I picked up a few bigger books during the course of the year but this was my top pickup as I wanted a pedigree copy in my collection.

This is the Rockford copy which ended up losing a half point in the re-slabbing. c'est la vie.

doc06508820160603124952_001_zpsqoq629z3.jpg

My entire collection was created in 2016, so this is like asking me my favorite comic I own. Hmm it would have to be the very book that got me interested in comics in the first place:

We9jiuQ.jpg

Nice. Sharp copy of a tough book.