• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My #1 GA Comic of 2016

218 posts in this topic

I think I'll go with this one. It was a long journey, but this was one of the last comics I needed to have a complete run of all the GA Hitler covers. The task is complete :cloud9:

jollyjingles12.jpg

Congrats! Sounds like quite the accomplishment. I'm curious, how many Hitler covers are there?

I think I'll go with this one. It was a long journey, but this was one of the last comics I needed to have a complete run of all the GA Hitler covers. The task is complete :cloud9:

jollyjingles12.jpg

Congrats Walter. :applause: I remember the day you accidentally missed on the copy that came to market before this one. Glad the wait wasn't long. Don't know if you're up to a Group Shot, but man..... :wishluck:

jollyjingles12.jpg

Congrats! Sounds like quite the accomplishment. I'm curious, how many Hitler covers are there?

There are 103 Golden Age Hitler covers. CGC counts National #12, but I don't. To me, that looks like any other second rate dictator. Hitler didn't sport a pencil thin mustache. Also, I am not sure about Blue Beetle #34, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

jollyjingles12.jpg

Congrats Walter. :applause: I remember the day you accidentally missed on the copy that came to market before this one. Glad the wait wasn't long. Don't know if you're up to a Group Shot, but man..... :wishluck:

Will probably do a group shot when the final two get graded. Gotta figure out how to cram that many comics into a pic.

Years ago at a geekfest, pons-con if I recall correctly, Gator had a raw copy of this book with him. It left a huge impression on me. An actual copy in hand was so much more than the tiny pic in the Gerber guide I was familiar with. The cover artwork was just so beautiful,not to mention the 2nd appearance of Superman. So early and cool.. :cloud9:

I promised myself someday I'd get a copy. Finally made it happen this year and man was it worth the wait!

IMG_0018_zpsjy0rgoox.jpg

(worship)

I'll bring it to the next gathering. Hopefully you'll bring the SF Jackpot too. What a beauty!

Tough decision for me, but this one wins...

batman11.jpg

I have always wanted to own a copy of that issue, its beautiful. :)

Here's one in same grade, same pq ... but almost a world apart

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/batman-11-dc-1942-cgc-fn-vf-70-white-pages/p/7158-15001.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

jollyjingles12.jpg

Xcw2Vijh.jpg

jollyjingles12.jpg

There are 103 Golden Age Hitler covers. CGC counts National #12, but I don't. To me, that looks like any other second rate dictator. Hitler didn't sport a pencil thin mustache. Also, I am not sure about Blue Beetle #34, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

(tsk)

Here's one in same grade, same pq ... but almost a world apart

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/batman-11-dc-1942-cgc-fn-vf-70-white-pages/p/7158-15001.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Is that an unrecognized Pennsylvania copy? I see a little P on the cover...