• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Keen Komics 1

the next series of postings take us away from the longer running titles and give us a glimpse at some short runs and digest books 

This is actually an oversized issue 

IMG_5041.JPG

When I was putting together a list years ago of Clown covers, I put this on it. I didn't know anything much about Centaurs then or their rarity. Needless to say, I gave up on it as I did and never ever saw one come up for sale. Cool book.

3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Keen Komics 1

the next series of postings take us away from the longer running titles and give us a glimpse at some short runs and digest books 

This is actually an oversized issue 

IMG_5041.JPG

Incredibly rare book.  

9 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Liberty Scouts 3

Content continued in Man of War 1

was name change from "scouts" due to concern from Boy Scouts. Interesting. 

IMG_5049.JPG

2 very cool issues here GAtor. I see they changed the drawing of the Liberty Bell itself for issue #3. Neat stuff

5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Liberty Scouts 3

Content continued in Man of War 1

was name change from "scouts" due to concern from Boy Scouts. Interesting. 

IMG_5049.JPG

Interesting that there are no direct indications that the bad guys here are Germans, unlike with issue 2.  I wonder if that has any meaning?

On 6/9/2017 at 8:11 AM, G.A.tor said:

Man of War 1

continues from liberty Scouts 

IMG_5050.JPG

Isn't there a printing error version of this one, with the blue ink missing from the cover? I seem to remember that from gerber photo journal. 

35 minutes ago, catman76 said:

Isn't there a printing error version of this one, with the blue ink missing from the cover? I seem to remember that from gerber photo journal. 

News to me

On 6/9/2017 at 11:20 AM, Straw-Man said:

i like this one!  looking forward to your copy of #2; that one has some bad drawing, as i recall.

Great copy Rick!! I agree with BP the #2s background looks like it was colored by a 5 yr old with crayons for sure. The interior is better though especially the first half splash and how could we leave out the unforgettably important app of the The Ferrett!!!

34851998050_b49dc5e731_b.jpg35198984196_5c53af4aba_b.jpg

53 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Masked Marvel 1

a little note. My cgc 9.4 copy was stolen at nycc in 2010. I've never seen it resurface, but a book I'm always on the look out for 

IMG_5052.JPG

What a bummer on the loss of the 9.4 copy.