• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Bronty said:

What did they go for? 

little giant 1 went for 2450

little giant 2 went for 2383

little giant 3 went for 775

little giant 4 went for 7100

didn't list grades because, quite honestly, every grade is pretty much "entry" level lol

57 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

didn't list grades because, quite honestly, every grade is pretty much "entry" level lol

dang!

3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Somebody must have got bit by the same "Compulsive Completionist" bug that bit you!

Just now, adamstrange said:

Somebody must have got bit by the same "Compulsive Completionist" bug that bit you!

are you speaking from first hand position?

5 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I got vaccinated back in the 90s.

Just now, adamstrange said:
6 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I got vaccinated back in the 90s.

these must not be the droids you are looking for!

Little Giant comics 4

imo, this is the rarest of all the centaurs. Only 3 known copies I'm aware of. Mine is incomplete but I "counted" it because the likelihood of finding one was slim to none imo

when it was announced Berk was selling I knew his copy was my # 1 must get. 

Took an hour of extended bidding but I had to win it and I wasn't stopping  

this is my current copy. Soon to arrive an upgraded  Berk copy

IMG_5060.JPG

An hour of extended bidding? That must have irritating, was that the auction where the other bidder would wait until the last few seconds of extended time to bid again?

Congrats on the win!

1 hour ago, rjpb said:

An hour of extended bidding? That must have irritating, was that the auction where the other bidder would wait until the last few seconds of extended time to bid again?

Congrats on the win!

Seemed liked every   extended bidding I was involved in, the other bidder would wait till 10 sec left to bid one increment. I think it's disrespectful, but what do I know

Edited by G.A.tor

20 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

I had a Little Giant 4 (from a collection bought in 2008, solid copy), can't recall where it went.

That's the third copy I'm referring to. 

28 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
1 hour ago, rjpb said:

Congrats on the win!

Seemed liked every   extended bidding I was involved in, the other bidder would wait till 10 sec left to bid one increment. I think it's disrespectful, but what do I know

Dang, so that's upwards of 20 bids in that auction during extended time?  I was in a few back and forths, but I don't think any went nearly that long.

OT:  But on the subject of bidding on CC auctions, it occurred to me -- way late! :) -- that maybe the optimal time to bid is just before the 3 minute extended time slot.  Probably doesn't make much difference, but at least it avoids prolonging the auction by a little bit.

I can understand once or twice using the allotted time to deliberate whether one really wants to go another increment, but at some point it does get rude. while the extended bidding does prevent last second sniping, and in that respect is more like a true auction, the time period should probably be reduced to a minute or even less.

1 minute ago, rjpb said:

I can understand once or twice using the allotted time to deliberate whether one really wants to go another increment, but at some point it does get rude. while the extended bidding does prevent last second sniping, and in that respect is more like a true auction, the time period should probably be reduced to a minute or even less.

I generally get my counters in right away, in part because I want to hurry up the process of figuring out whether I've won, which may have a bearing on my bidding on other books that might be ending at about the same time.

I have a feeling that the strategy involved with waiting for most of the three minutes to go by is motivated by the hope that the person being outbid will be distracted by other auctions and so won't notice that he's been outbid.  The longer you the wait, the more likely that the other person is in a back-and-forth in another auctions and so won't notice the outbid e-mail from CC.

I had that happen on one lot (it was a pin I kinda wanted, but no big deal).  I was surprised when I checked back to find I'd lost.  Must have been outbid while bogged down in another auction.

I pulled this from GCD. Is this Berk's former copy or the 3rd copy? or maybe a 4th? Just wondering. :) Congrats on bagging a really tough book.

LittleGiant4gcd.jpg

Edited by fett

4 hours ago, fett said:

I pulled this from GCD. Is this Berk's former copy or the 3rd copy? or maybe a 4th? Just wondering. :) Congrats on bagging a really tough book.

LittleGiant4gcd.jpg

It's one of the 3