• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,633 posts in this topic

WOW! Those are exceptionally nice colors on that FH, skybolt.

Don't bring it up. The Whitman cover Fiction Houses are hard enought to get as it is.

wink.gif There is no Whitman collector's club!

Don't bring it up. The Whitman cover Fiction Houses are hard enought to get as it is.

The first rule of Whitman collector's club is you don't talk about Whitman collector's club! sumo.gif

The first rule of Whitman collector's club is you don't talk about Whitman collector's club! sumo.gif

It's all October's fault for unlocking the secret and leading me right to it. sorry.gif

It's all October's fault for unlocking the secret and leading me right to it. sorry.gif

That's what they get for not letting me in either! sumo.gif

to those who have been collecting these; what % of guide should I expect to be paying on them for low / midgrade copies?

I would say that most Fiction House good girl art covers (in FN to VF+ condition) go for around guide or slightly higher. Lower grade copies of non-classic covers can be had at slightly lower than guide prices. There are some books like Wings Comics #89-91, 94 that are extremely undervalued in the guide, and tyoically sell for multiples.

Let's put it this way, I have over 200 GGA books in my collection (Fox, Fiction House, Nedor, etc.), and on the average I've paid about 1.4 X Overstreet value. Of course, some of that cost includes slabbing fees and overgraded books.

Planets are the most expensive/sought after of the FH titles so expect higher then guide.

The good thing about "Planet Comics" is that there really isn't a book within the run that's extremely undervalued in the OS guide. Your purchases will probably vary between 0.8 and 1.3 times guide for VF+ and lower books. Other GGA titles do have some books (Brenda Starr #14, Blue Beetle #54, Junior Comics #14, Wings Comics #89-91, Phantom Lady #23, Jo-Jo Comics #25, etc. ) that are completely out of wack when compared to guide.

Planets are the most expensive/sought after of the FH titles so expect higher then guide.

The good thing about "Planet Comics" is that there really isn't a book within the run that's extremely undervalued in the OS guide. Your purchases will probably vary between 0.8 and 1.3 times guide for VF+ and lower books. Other GGA titles do have some books (Brenda Starr #14, Blue Beetle #54, Junior Comics #14, Wings Comics #89-91, Phantom Lady #23, Jo-Jo Comics #25, etc. ) that are completely out of wack when compared to guide.

A Very True Statement.......

But that's what makes it fun.

A Very True Statement.......

But that's what makes it fun.

For dealers. wink.gif