• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

Wow, the colors on that book are so deep and rich, it looks like the book was printed yesterday. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks. Some of these issues near the end of the runs have very pretty colors -- if you can find the right copies.

Aarggh!!! frustrated.gif

I can't find the magazine with the Lily Renee pictures. It may have been lost in my move last year. (Don't worry, I know where my Great Comics #3 is!) Anyway, here's a link to the magazine in question.

Aarggh!!! frustrated.gif

I can't find the magazine with the Lily Renee pictures. It may have been lost in my move last year. (Don't worry, I know where my Great Comics #3 is!) Anyway, here's a link to the magazine in question.

I checked the mag and there are no pictures of Lily Renée in it actually.

Aarggh!!! frustrated.gif

I checked the mag and there are no pictures of Lily Renée in it actually.

Uh...

... it was a different mag and I can't remember which one?

How about I take the fifth and scan some Jumbos for everyone to ogle this weekend?

Another book knocked off my want list. Look how red she is. A real beauty in person - you want a book that would benefit from a press job? 893whatthe.gif

wings094.jpg

Another book knocked off my want list. Look how red she is. A real beauty in person - you want a book that would benefit from a press job? 893whatthe.gif

wings094.jpg

Why would you want to risk going from a C to an A with a press job.

I checked the mag and there are no pictures of Lily ....

If this were a Hollywood musical, I'd feel a production number coming on!

"And then one day things weren't quite so fine

I fell in love with Lily

I asked my dad where Lily I could find

He said, 'Son, now don't be silly'

'She's been dead since 1929'

Oh, how I cried that night

If only I'd been born in Lily's time

It would have been alright"

Strangely à propos in the Gold Comics forum.

Jack

(Who?)

Thread's been dead for too long. Pickups from Philly, from Steve Ritter's "Simon Powell Collection" (which had a New Adventure 26 in it for $625, just too late for Ian foreheadslap.gif) and Jeff Weaver. Why do I travel to shows? Weaver lives 10 minutes from me.

From Jeff, Jungle Comics 47. This is a tough book - I've only seen one or two of these. Very attractive cover. The Ka'a'nga interior story is over the top.

jungle047.jpg

VF copy of Fight 30 from the Steve Ritter "Simon Powell" collection. I urge everybody to contact Steve about this collection - there's a lot of great stuff in there and he's priced it very reasonably. This is a really tough book, especially in grade.

fight030.jpg

From Jeff, Jungle Comics 47. This is a tough book - I've only seen one or two of these. Very attractive cover. The Ka'a'nga interior story is over the top.

jungle047.jpg

Why is she tied up to a Pez dispenser? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif