• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

I checked the Planet Stories pulp covers and this one cover above is not lifted from their pulp counterpart. It's comic native. It's interesting that it got re-purposed later in the run.

Last local show I went was great. I went in thinking, maybe I should finally pick up some of those later Jumbo books and at the first dealer boxes I check out, these two came up!

Robot Man in another thread mentions dealers you like. This guy, who I hadn't seen in a year, remembered my daughters, asked about them, his prices are always fair & his selection varied. I got the Atlas Western and Western comics also from him. I hand in the stack, he cuts 25% off the top right away. My $$ was out as fast as I could. That's the perfect transaction that made for a great local hotel show. He's the first table I check always!

Jumbo%20161_zps9t2ufdu1.jpg

Jumbo%20166_zpszlwlezyt.jpg

Nice to hear a positive dealer story and I like both of those Jumbo's.

This #165 is my only copy of that high number run.

Jumbo%20Comics%20165_zpsenkg6lgl.jpg

Jumbo%20Comics%20165%20Jerry%20Iger_zpsa9iuax06.jpg

Picked this up today courtesy of Superworld Ted who came all the way out to the West Coast for a 1-day show.

I'm not used to seeing FH books like this in such nice shape; it has some foxing, the pages are quite nice.

50071499-6ca9-4b07-8665-1fb76ebfce8f_zpsdkffqtpm.jpg

Picked this up today courtesy of Superworld Ted who came all the way out to the West Coast for a 1-day show.

I'm not used to seeing FH books like this in such nice shape; it has some foxing, the pages are quite nice.

Beautiful copy.

Beautiful copy.

.... some people turn their nose up at foxing.... but in my experience, books with foxing often have exceptional page quality..... beautiful book, Steve. Those early Fiction House books have the most inspired art :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Nice book, and from a very nice guy. Ted is a sweetie.

Nice book, and from a very nice guy. Ted is a sweetie.

wha??? a Fiction House thread appearance from Sharon?

hugs you! :grin:

Sister and Brother :applause:

Kind of interesting, I was comparing my Planet 20 cgc 6.0 to the Planet 15 cgc 7.5 on Heritage, I noticed the small spine split, and the corners are similar to my #20. And I wonder what the black streak is across the front?

Planet%2015%20CGC%207.5_zpsvjhmqiv7.jpg

Thanks for the kinds words all re: Fight 19.

I think the book is a minor key for FH, a terrific war cover plus new characters begin (most notably Senorita Rio, hubba-hubba, along with Rip Carter).

Superworld Ted was easy to work with, though the price on the book was quite steep (well worth it in my opinion, Guide is clearly too low on this issue nowadays, especially in this condition).

:cloud9:

Very cool book!

+1.

Makes me want to collect the title...

Very cool book!

+1.

Makes me want to collect the title...

The early ones are especially good.... I started picking them up for people I knew who collected them and fell in love with them along the way. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u