• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,639 posts in this topic

Hey Folks,

Wanted your opinion on something.

I have been chatting with a seller regarding a planet #16 in 3.5. It presents very nicely for the grade, just worn for the most part and some soiling.

I know I have seen these become available sometimes, how uncommon do you believe this book to be? I am pretty close to picking it up, even though the price is a bit high (500 bones shipped). Would love to hear your thoughts.

I'm not nearly as up on these as most people in this thread, but that price seems a little high -- unless it's Canadian dollars. Still if you've been looking for a while and this seems like your best bet, I would probably go for it.

Price is high for the grade.

When I was buying Planets issue 16 seemed to be very available, I could always find it.

That said, I looked right now through all of the sources I have book marked and I was surprised to not find a copy for sale.

Here is a link to a CGC 5.5 that sold for $573 ( includes buyer premium ). Book sold Sept 27 2015, so recent enough.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/planet-comics-16-fiction-house-1942-cgc-fn-55-off-white-to-white-pages/a/121539-14491.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Another CGC 5.5 that sold on Heritage in Aug 2014 for $507

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/planet-comics-16-fiction-house-1942-cgc-fn-55-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7097-93365.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

My advice: be patient. From the Planets I have seen you post it isn't in the grade you are really looking for anyway.

Thanks all for the advice. I decided to pick it up anyways, even though the price is a bit high. The others offered for sale recently did not appeal to me for a number of different reasons, and the supply seems to have diminished (at least for the time being). I will be patient with the other issues I still need :)

i was underbidder on that fight! but i was able to satisfy my fiction house jones by grabbing this book; i fell in love with the cover as it was coming up--soooo colorful.

jungle7.jpg

Cover looks like kind of like a Fox ... Foxish, Foxian, Foxistic. hm

i was underbidder on that fight! but i was able to satisfy my fiction house jones by grabbing this book; i fell in love with the cover as it was coming up--soooo colorful.

jungle7.jpg

That's an eye-popper, Billy! :applause:

jungle7.jpg

I think you picked up a great looking book.

Congrats.

Hey Folks,

Wanted your opinion on something.

I have been chatting with a seller regarding a planet #16 in 3.5. It presents very nicely for the grade, just worn for the most part and some soiling.

I know I have seen these become available sometimes, how uncommon do you believe this book to be? I am pretty close to picking it up, even though the price is a bit high (500 bones shipped). Would love to hear your thoughts.

I'm not nearly as up on these as most people in this thread, but that price seems a little high -- unless it's Canadian dollars. Still if you've been looking for a while and this seems like your best bet, I would probably go for it.

Price is high for the grade.

When I was buying Planets issue 16 seemed to be very available, I could always find it.

That said, I looked right now through all of the sources I have book marked and I was surprised to not find a copy for sale.

Here is a link to a CGC 5.5 that sold for $573 ( includes buyer premium ). Book sold Sept 27 2015, so recent enough.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/planet-comics-16-fiction-house-1942-cgc-fn-55-off-white-to-white-pages/a/121539-14491.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Another CGC 5.5 that sold on Heritage in Aug 2014 for $507

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/planet-comics-16-fiction-house-1942-cgc-fn-55-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7097-93365.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

My advice: be patient. From the Planets I have seen you post it isn't in the grade you are really looking for anyway.

Thanks all for the advice. I decided to pick it up anyways, even though the price is a bit high. The others offered for sale recently did not appeal to me for a number of different reasons, and the supply seems to have diminished (at least for the time being). I will be patient with the other issues I still need :)

(thumbs u

Can't go wrong, you can always sell it later.

jungle7.jpg

Beautiful copy. Early jungles are becoming more and more a favorite of mine.

jungle7.jpg

Did somebody say eye popper?

comcmarveljr115_zpsjl1rs82x.jpg

I know wrong thread. That is a beauty Billy. Never seen that bondage cover!

Did somebody say eye popper?

comcmarveljr115_zpsjl1rs82x.jpg

I know wrong thread. That is a beauty Billy. Never seen that bondage cover!

I don't collect that series, but that's an awesome cover!