• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,639 posts in this topic

Seeing Marty's Wambi was fun. Along with Joe Palooka, it's the type of series that would have been popular or attractive to children at the time but now receive little attention at all.

Here's # 6. FH really amped up the ratio of animals to humans on these covers -

Wambi%206_zpszzhgfftu.jpg

Seeing Marty's Wambi was fun. Along with Joe Palooka, it's the type of series that would have been popular or attractive to children at the time but now receive little attention at all.

Lovely book.

Try this here since the 2016 Heritage thread is discussing other things :)

Did any of our own win that Planet 15?

I had my fingers crossed for Jhutton...

Happy to see it didn't go as high as I predicted, but I think $15000 is still up there.

Edited by Artboy99

Yes, I am curious also who won it. We might never know as there are many collectors out there that don't belong to or frequent these boards.

I still have my eyes on a couple of Planets for Saturdays session. Good luck to all.

Here's one with more animals...it's almost "Where's WAMBI?".

<a  href=https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5479/9144135062_ab5046eaae_z.jpg' alt='9144135062_ab5046eaae_z.jpg'>IMG WAMBI #4

mm

Yes, I am curious also who won it. We might never know as there are many collectors out there that don't belong to or frequent these boards.

I still have my eyes on a couple of Planets for Saturdays session. Good luck to all.

I though the #9 went pretty high as well. I had made up my mind not to bid a few weeks ago. Did you win it Jason?

I though the #9 went pretty high as well. I had made up my mind not to bid a few weeks ago. Did you win it Jason?

I have a few Planets I want to upgrade, but I also made up my mind to not pursue any at this auction ( although the number 5 is tempting...)

I have a few Planets I want to upgrade, but I also made up my mind to not pursue any at this auction ( although the number 5 is tempting...)

Prices are pretty strong...I thought they might wane when cheetah 'retired'.

I got the Planet #9, #22 and #45 at HA's most recent auction. Took a run at the #5, was the last underbidder, but the price just seemed to high to keep going.