• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,639 posts in this topic

cool!

Here is my copy of 14:

That's my old copy as well! lol

Has anyone around her got a #14 I've not previously owned? hm

hm

59zxqp.jpg

(shrug) ?

best copy I have ever seen.

I missed out on a high grade copy (through a contact). I did not pull the trigger fast enough. By the time I circled back around, it was already gone :(

cool!

Here is my copy of 14:

hm

59zxqp.jpg

(shrug) ?

I missed out on a high grade copy (through a contact). I did not pull the trigger fast enough. By the time I circled back around, it was already gone :(

What grade do you think it was?

Is nice to know there are copies out there better than a 2.0

cool!

Here is my copy of 14:

hm

59zxqp.jpg

(shrug) ?

What grade do you think it was?

Is nice to know there are copies out there better than a 2.0

From my contact, it sounded like at least a 7.0/7.5, maybe a bit higher. Very old school seller though, no website, no email, only does shows primarily from my understanding.

Hi gang,

Breaking news!

Fantagraphics is planning to combine my two Fletcher Hanks books into a single volume, "The Complete Fletcher Hanks".

You heard it here first!

I need super high-res (800 dpi) scans of ONLY two panels from Jungle Comics #14.

Can anyone help me out? You'll get an acknowledgement and a free copy of the book upon publication.

(And I also need scans of a story from "Great Comics #2)

thanks,

-Paul

Hey Folks,

Wanted your opinion on something.

I have been chatting with a seller regarding a planet #16 in 3.5. It presents very nicely for the grade, just worn for the most part and some soiling.

I know I have seen these become available sometimes, how uncommon do you believe this book to be? I am pretty close to picking it up, even though the price is a bit high (500 bones shipped). Would love to hear your thoughts.

Hey Folks,

I have been chatting with a seller regarding a planet #16 in 3.5. It presents very nicely for the grade, just worn for the most part and some soiling.

I know I have seen these become available sometimes, how uncommon do you believe this book to be? I am pretty close to picking it up, even though the price is a bit high (500 bones shipped). Would love to hear your thoughts.

I'm not nearly as up on these as most people in this thread, but that price seems a little high -- unless it's Canadian dollars. Still if you've been looking for a while and this seems like your best bet, I would probably go for it.

Hey Folks,

I'm not nearly as up on these as most people in this thread, but that price seems a little high -- unless it's Canadian dollars. Still if you've been looking for a while and this seems like your best bet, I would probably go for it.

+1...........GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Hey Folks,

Price is high for the grade.

When I was buying Planets issue 16 seemed to be very available, I could always find it.

That said, I looked right now through all of the sources I have book marked and I was surprised to not find a copy for sale.

Here is a link to a CGC 5.5 that sold for $573 ( includes buyer premium ). Book sold Sept 27 2015, so recent enough.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/planet-comics-16-fiction-house-1942-cgc-fn-55-off-white-to-white-pages/a/121539-14491.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Another CGC 5.5 that sold on Heritage in Aug 2014 for $507

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/planet-comics-16-fiction-house-1942-cgc-fn-55-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7097-93365.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

My advice: be patient. From the Planets I have seen you post it isn't in the grade you are really looking for anyway.

A nice set of siblings:

522EBB23-B2AD-45CC-8979-2ECF538067C6_zpsl74jbvyk.jpg

50DFC07E-B89A-4993-B456-F2BC6190EBA6_zpsnoy7m0mf.jpg

Congrats. Presents really well for a 5.5 too. Does that mean you can now sell your over copy? :foryou:

Great books. I love the spine on the high grade copy.