• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

Someone got a real decent Fight 44 on the HA Sunday auction..... nice color. Another book I thought was an absolute steal but wasn't a Fiction House was the Popular 52....... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Someone got a real decent Fight 44 on the HA Sunday auction..... nice color. Another book I thought was an absolute steal but wasn't a Fiction House was the Popular 52....... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I thought the Popular 52 would go much higher. I have a mid-grade copy or I would have been a bidder. I wonder if it was a lost pedigree copy?

I checked the Planet Stories pulp covers and this one cover above is not lifted from their pulp counterpart. It's comic native. It's interesting that it got re-purposed later in the run.

Last local show I went was great. I went in thinking, maybe I should finally pick up some of those later Jumbo books and at the first dealer boxes I check out, these two came up!

Robot Man in another thread mentions dealers you like. This guy, who I hadn't seen in a year, remembered my daughters, asked about them, his prices are always fair & his selection varied. I got the Atlas Western and Western comics also from him. I hand in the stack, he cuts 25% off the top right away. My $$ was out as fast as I could. That's the perfect transaction that made for a great local hotel show. He's the first table I check always!

Jumbo%20161_zps9t2ufdu1.jpg

Jumbo%20166_zpszlwlezyt.jpg

Nice score Michael! I've been meaning to finish up those myself. Being a pretty complete "horror head", books like these still give me something to look for.

Sounds like a first rate seller. The kind of guy you love to hand your money to. Selling comics is a tough gig and I understand but guys like this are what makes going to shows all worthwhile.