• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

Here's the pic of the Jungle 46....... I'm really liking this Astarita guy. I also have a question for some of you more experienced with this publisher than I...... I recently picked up a few Planets and chanced upon a Futura story in # 55 that I was absolutely certain was Kinstler..... but upon researching I found info to be scant with an attribution to an artist named Enrico Bartoli..... when I googled him much of the information was in a foreign language but some of his work appeared to fit the style of the Futura story.... wow. Any info about him out there ? Any other work for Fiction House ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I believe there was a lengthy two part article in Alter Ego devoted to the Italian artists employed by Fiction House after the end of WWII. They did some superb work and I initially thought it might be early work by Frazetta.

Here's the pic of the Jungle 46....... I'm really liking this Astarita guy. I also have a question for some of you more experienced with this publisher than I...... I recently picked up a few Planets and chanced upon a Futura story in # 55 that I was absolutely certain was Kinstler..... but upon researching I found info to be scant with an attribution to an artist named Enrico Bartoli..... when I googled him much of the information was in a foreign language but some of his work appeared to fit the style of the Futura story.... wow. Any info about him out there ? Any other work for Fiction House ? GOD BLESS...

I believe there was a lengthy two part article in Alter Ego devoted to the Italian artists employed by Fiction House after the end of WWII. They did some superb work and I initially thought it might be early work by Frazetta.

.... is this Bartoli gent the same you once spoke of in regards to the Cowgirl Romance 10 ? GOD BLESS....

2l9rzh3.jpg

Picked up these two books.

Sorry about the glare. I am not very good at photography. The flash on my phone (or iPad) keeps reflecting off the Mylars.

That is a nice Jungle 46 Jim.

Thanks, brother. Every time a see a Wings, it makes me think of my Mom..... she had several and loved them...... the Fiction House line is the best bargain in comics IMHO...... GOD BLESS....

.... is this Bartoli gent the same you once spoke of in regards to the Cowgirl Romance 10 ? GOD BLESS....

There were several different artists and without the comics and the article at hand I couldn't say for certain.

Next time I'm at Bender's I'm going to have to dig through the Alter Ego box again...... I should try to get those, it might answer a lot of questions for me.... thanks, my friend. GOD BLESS...

Try issue # 32 of AE http://twomorrows.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=98_55&products_id=475

It seems though that AS is probably referencing another issue but a quick search is not turning this up.

It is indeed the issue. Pages 17 to 21 of AE # 32 (somehow tucked in the SA section :shrug:)

Edited by Scrooge

Thanks Mike...... Bender's has a deep run and it takes time to get to them.... so this may expedite things. I haven't spent the weekend with a couple of good Alter Egos in a long time. GOD BLESS...

No problem. I really like Bagnoli's work.

I recently bought a "Baker" book off the board, Authentic Police Cases # 15, just b/c he had a story in it, not for the Baker!

Two years ago, Heritage sold a Wambi page, that I believe was reprinted in a later issue. B/c of that they tagged it as Artist Unknown or Kiefer but it was clearly by Bagnoli. I thought I could get it under the radar but my cheap-arse still got beat. I must not have been the only one noticing. Still regret not bidding more :sorry:

Enjoy Bagnoli's work :thumbsup:

Bagnoli doh! ....... I had misspelled his name. It's funny you mention Wambi...... I picked up a couple recently and decided to keep the 18 after it didn't sell right away.... the art was fantastic, and now I know why. GOD BLESS...

..... if no one beats me to it, I'll post some pics of the story art when I get some time off..... unfortunately, not this weekend....

Try issue # 32 of AE http://twomorrows.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=98_55&products_id=475

It seems though that AS is probably referencing another issue but a quick search is not turning this up.

It is indeed the issue. Pages 17 to 21 of AE # 32 (somehow tucked in the SA section :shrug:)

I had remembered it as a longer article but thanks for finding it :applause:

...the Futura story in Planet 55 just reaks of Kinstler..... I really have to share some images..... his work also appears to be in 54 as well, but the Kinstler influence is less pronounced. GOD BLESS...

The first hint I had of an unknown artist of high quality was the "King of the Congo" story by Cesare Avai. It's Frazetta-like but with much lusher inking.

http://www.comics.org/issue/7412/

The first hint I had of an unknown artist of high quality was the "King of the Congo" story by Cesare Avai. It's Frazetta-like but with much lusher inking.

http://www.comics.org/issue/7412/

It's funny. I have always taken notice of the Frank Fermonetti drawn Phantom Falcon stories that precedes the one you mention.

Here's a page from Planet 55...... it sure reminds me of those inside front cover Kinstler delights.... GOD BLESS.....

5ur1J6A.jpg

EmhSPQbl.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Here's a page from Planet 55...... it sure reminds me of those inside front cover Kinstler delights.... GOD BLESS.....

5ur1J6A.jpg

Examples of Avai's art.

Wings%20103%20Cesare%20Avai%20p1.jpg