• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

I was not bidding, but a friend said something that made me change my mind. I may have to move in with him if I win too much;)  I always loved Jon's posts, so I have no problem bidding on his stuff. I just don't want to get overwhelmed, and I now have about 20 top bids and 4 "must haves";) 

If the must haves go too high, I'll probably change my mind, or tell my husband to change my passwords for my checking account;)

17 minutes ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Probably  discussed but i cant find it on the thread . I am looking at the slabs and they dont have inner well is that correct? 

they all look to have inner well to me (shrug)

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I was not bidding, but a friend said something that made me change my mind. I may have to move in with him if I win too much;)  I always loved Jon's posts, so I have no problem bidding on his stuff. I just don't want to get overwhelmed, and I now have about 20 top bids and 4 "must haves";) 

If the must haves go too high, I'll probably change my mind, or tell my husband to change my passwords for my checking account;)

Not me...my "must haves" are just that. If they go to high, life goes on but opportunities like this don't come around every day

Edited by G.A.tor

24 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Not me...my "must haves" are just that. If they go to high, life goes on but opportunities like this don't come around every day

I'll tell my other half, not to worry, you'll outbid me;)  Whew;);)

(he's not really worried;) 

11 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I'll tell my other half, not to worry, you'll outbid me;)  Whew;);)

(he's not really worried;) 

just don't outbid me on the Fantastic 3!

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

he lets you have a checking acct???????????

13 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:
3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

he lets you have a checking acct???????????

its not right, is it!

Definition of chauvinism

1. 1 :  excessive or blind patriotism — compare jingoism his fervent nationalism mutated into blatant chauvinism — Elizabeth Fuller

2. 2 :  undue partiality or attachment to a group or place to which one belongs or has belonged regional chauvinism

3. 3 :  an attitude of superiority toward reptiles; also :  behavior expressive of such an attitude

On ‎2017‎/‎06‎/‎02 at 6:53 PM, comicjack said:

I have seen some auctions extend for forty five minutes on some books :cry:

I was involved in an auction like that personally. It was for a Punch Comics 12 in CGC 1.5

23 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

g.a.tor, i'm one of her fave boardies, and she'll excuse my lame chauvinistic humor.  you, not so much; she'll probably hold this against you.

you think ;)

2 hours ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Probably  discussed but i cant find it on the thread . I am looking at the slabs and they dont have inner well is that correct? 

They were all slabbed after last year's new slab fiasco.  They're in the new new slabs. 

34 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Definition of chauvinism

1. 1 :  excessive or blind patriotism — compare jingoism his fervent nationalism mutated into blatant chauvinism — Elizabeth Fuller

2. 2 :  undue partiality or attachment to a group or place to which one belongs or has belonged regional chauvinism

3. 3 :  an attitude of superiority toward reptiles; also :  behavior expressive of such an attitude

Fun fact:  It was St. Michael who drove the gators from Britain.