• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, walclark said:

I have mine delivered to my office.  FedEx is there everyday anyway.  If for some reason I want it rerouted, I do it before the first attempted delivery and it has always worked well.  Still haven't shipped my wins.  Maybe next week.

Same exact scenario for me.  Mine shipped today though, so hopefully they'll be in Monday! :banana:

I snagged a book from their "New Arrivals" section while the auction was underway, paid by check, and it's already in route. They do seem to be getting stuff out quicker than a couple years ago...... but I try to remind myself, according to my calculations, they're knocking out 20,000 invoices a year now.... that's a LOT of packages.... and they ALWAYS update with tracking when the parcel ships. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

23 hours ago, jbcomicbox said:
On 7/6/2017 at 7:46 PM, G.A.tor said:

Jon...metro confirmed you are keeping the fp4/1 Larson too, correct?

Correct

I imagine it must be the same situation with your Larson copy of Funny Pages #11 since it was not included with the rest of the FP run in the auction?

It's just so hard to stay away from the beautiful colors on some of these Larsons.  :luhv:

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

So has anyone cracked their Berk books yet? :whistle:  I'll be liberating my Pocket Comics #2 shortly. Just too cool a book not to flip through and read.

I am still debating cracking my Green Giant 

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

So has anyone cracked their Berk books yet? :whistle:  I'll be liberating my Pocket Comics #2 shortly. Just too cool a book not to flip through and read.

....it's hard to put it in your pocket if it's in a slab, eh ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

22 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I am still debating cracking my Green Giant 

I don't blame you. Such a sharp copy, but such a fantastically rare book just begging to be read and enjoyed. Not sure what I'd do with it either.

Whew, glad I don't have that problem! :D

2 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

hmm, I thought I had seen the Berk catalog cover before from Metro's catalog #1 decades ago !

Mcu6K8H.jpg

I guess that must have been when Steve was still hot to trot for all copies of Fantastic 3, regardless of what condition they were in.

Maybe he still is hot and hungry for them even now, after all these years.  hm  :luhv:

17 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I imagine it must be the same situation with your Larson copy of Funny Pages #11 since it was not included with the rest of the FP run in the auction?

It's just so hard to stay away from the beautiful colors on some of these Larsons.  :luhv:

I love that cover,   Yes another one I kept.  You have excellent taste.   Jon

59 minutes ago, jbcomicbox said:
18 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I love that cover,   Yes another one I kept.  You have excellent taste.   Jon

No, kind sir, it's indeed you who have excellent taste as clearly evident by the hundreds of pages of beautiful pictures throughout your wondrous and magnificent catalogue.  :cloud9:  :luhv:

Edited by lou_fine

On 6/18/2017 at 5:13 AM, MrBedrock said:

I think the "exit strategy" part of the equation is going to be very hard to reconcile for this auction. So much of the bidding was made with no plan to ever sell. When you are competing against that the exit strategy goes out the window. That is why those rare cases where folks overlooked a book make will likely make that book look like a bargain down the road. 

I've been giving this some more thought the past few days since I received my few books which I was fortunate enough to win earlier this week.  As a long-term collector, I don't really have to worry about an exit strategy at all as these books from Jon's personal collection have once again found a permanent home and will be with me for a long long time.  And like everything else in my own personal collection that I brought decades ago, the magic of time itself will take care of the exit strategy.  hm  (thumbsu

On the other hand, if you are not a long-term collector, it's sad to say but the exit strategy might simply be to remove these treasured books from their imprisoned tombs and sell them raw at substantially higher prices.  You never know, as the marketplace might place a even higher premium on these HTF gorgeous looking books when they are out there in the flesh and free of both the slab and their "not so cherished" association with the  Jon Berk Collection designation.  :screwy:  :frown:

5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Fantastic Comics 12 is on the WW site.

Was you thinking of placing an offer on this still slabbed Church copy of Fantastic Comics 12 since you pointed it out to us here?  (shrug)

Personally, I actually find the ones for the Pending Completed Sales of his now released raw books to be of much more interest to me.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

4 hours ago, 1p36DSA said:

My JB order still hasn't shipped. My four books were spread out over the week but still, not sure what is taking so long

It's ComicConnect.  I've never had an order take under 3 weeks to ship.  My fedex label was created on Thursday, but I don't think they actually shipped it.