• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, jbcomicbox said:

In addition to the Mystery Men 3 (Larson) and AMF 3, some other books I retained were:

Amazing Man 15 Larson copy

Detective Picture Stories 5

Wonderworld 11 Larson copy

jb

:headbang:

14 hours ago, jbcomicbox said:

In addition to the Mystery Men 3 (Larson) and AMF 3, some other books I retained were:

Amazing Man 15 Larson copy

Detective Picture Stories 5

Wonderworld 11 Larson copy

jb

Hey Jon;

Great to see you back here every now and then, although you really should try to post more often.  (thumbsu

Interesting to see Wonderworld 11 as one  of your very few "to keep" books. 

I guess the old time collectors will still remember when this book was the quite in demand and the second most valuable book in the entire Wonderworld run, behind only issue #3.  Definitely not the case anymore as we have clearly shifted into a more cover focus collecting mind frame, although I do believe the WW 11 origin issue is now undervalued at this stage, relative to some of the other issues in the Wonderworld run.  hm

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Interesting to see Wonderworld 11 as one  of your very few "to keep" books. 

It was a spare and a Larson.

I also think it has one of the better covers in the run, though #7 is my clear favorite.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Hey Jon, I got notice that a few of your old books are on the way via FedEx to my house today. VERY excited to have them!

doh!

My package was supposed to be delivered today.........

Made sure my wife was supposed to be home..... but somehow she missed the doorbell.....

Doesn't she understand - you need to have a plan. Always post one of the kids as a doorbell sentry when you are in the basement.

The pain.... - knowing I could be obsessing over the pickups tonight!!! - yet probably blocked by a potty break......

Only hope is that the reroute to a fedex location happens tonight.....

16 minutes ago, W16227 said:

doh!

Made sure my wife was supposed to be home..... but somehow she missed the doorbell.....

Doesn't she understand - you need to have a plan. Always post one of the kids as a doorbell sentry when you are in the basement.

The pain.... - knowing I could be obsessing over the pickups tonight!!! - yet probably blocked by a potty break......

I told my wife to take her potty break before 11:00 or after 2:00 as that is when they estimated delivery. 

20 minutes ago, W16227 said:

doh!

My local FedEx does a horrible job with requests to reroute packages to a FedEx location.  Their software either needs an overhaul or they're intentionally trying to get you to stick with the default of waiting for them to try another delivery the next day.  After some bad experiences trying to reroute packages, I've thrown in the towel and now just let them try another delivery.

5 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

My local FedEx does a horrible job with requests to reroute packages to a FedEx location.  Their software either needs an overhaul or they're intentionally trying to get you to stick with the default of waiting for them to try another delivery the next day.  After some bad experiences trying to reroute packages, I've thrown in the towel and now just let them try another delivery.

I have actually had good luck with my last couple of clink and c-connect wins --- this time I knew someone would be home and they knew a package was coming....

I did the reroute because we are hitting summerfest tomorrow - do not want any chance of some driver just leaving it ( or signing themselves). Doubt it will be available today.... so I have to suffer knowing they are in town and pickup is likely Monday........  ( but hey - 1st world issues - worth a laugh at my expense) ....

57 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I have mine delivered to my office.  FedEx is there everyday anyway.  If for some reason I want it rerouted, I do it before the first attempted delivery and it has always worked well.  Still haven't shipped my wins.  Maybe next week.

Edited by walclark

Just now, jbcomicbox said:

Correct

Well, I understand. After the little giant 4,  the 4/1 is my most coveted book. Please keep me in mind should you part with it

2 hours ago, walclark said:

I have mine delivered to my office.

Same here.  So much easier, because someone is always present to receive the package.