• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Straw-Man said:
2 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

..and will the catalogue images be taken from these dark scans? Or will we see how they really look?

expectue theue imagagesue toue beue darkue.

What a dorkue.

5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Probably the best way to see them would be to swing by my house three weeks after the auction closes. (:

lol  307 on my watch list including about 25 pieces of original art.  Gonna be a barn burner.

I was just thinking about that. Of course among us fanatical boardies, the Jon Berk name means a lot. But to the less fanatical, it may not mean much, certainly compared to "The Nicholas Cage Collection" or the very well known pedigrees. Even the Berk mega-keys may not hold unique appeal to the casual collector. But who knows -- ComicConnect is doing everything they can to drum up widespread interest. Just my 2c.

50 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

I was just thinking about that. Of course among us fanatical boardies, the Jon Berk name means a lot. But to the less fanatical, it may not mean much, certainly compared to "The Nicholas Cage Collection" or the very well known pedigrees. Even the Berk mega-keys may not hold unique appeal to the casual collector. But who knows -- ComicConnect is doing everything they can to drum up widespread interest. Just my 2c.

The GA stuff is going to the stratosphere. You might however get some nice SA at under GPA if your into that sort of thing. 

On 2017-05-09 at 3:00 PM, october said:

Is anyone else disappointed in CConnect's scans? They are pretty awful. Having seen some of this stuff in person, they are not doing the items any favors in the color department. 

Yeech. 

CC uses photographs and they do not do the books justice.

3 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

The GA stuff is going to the stratosphere. You might however get some nice SA at under GPA if your into that sort of thing. 

That was my guess as well.  A lot of mid-grade SA Marvels being offered.  I'd be surprised if they reach GPA.  Makes for an unusual group of comics to appear in the same auction.

5 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

Curious -- think there will be any lasting extra appeal for non-mega keys just thanks to the JB Collection designation?

No