• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So I'm confused. The invoice is for a 9.8.

When he sent the payment, he made a notation for a CGC SS 9.8 - Which was pointed out after the books were subbed to CGC from NYCC

CGC grades the books, the copy comes back a 9.6, which seller provides via invoice number. Buyer wants refund, seller will honor refund at a 100% of bought price.

Buyer the escalates paypal dispute to a claim, where paypal is currently reviewing, not allowing me to continue with the refund portion.

I am unclear why the buyer has opened a case on Paypal. The seller has offered a refund. Is the buyer hoping to get his money back by opening the case and keep the book?

I've thought about this, that's why I told him to ship the book and once received, I would give him the refund.

He's read my last two PMs with no response.

He probably doesn't trust the seller. Can you blame him? (shrug)

Okay I get it, but if there was a trust issue, why take a chance?

And I'm going to bed - Long day tomorrow

I'm going to make it clear, no promise in grade was given on my part, other than best copies available. I would NEVER sell a 7.5 8.5 and consider that a best copy.

A refund was already granted, prior to the buyer escalating the dispute on paypal to a claim, which completely froze the refund process. He had agreed to ship the book, and once received, he would be refunded. But again, that process was halted by him via the paypal Claim.

and I edited this because now I'm exhausted...

I am unclear why the buyer has opened a case on Paypal. The seller has offered a refund. Is the buyer hoping to get his money back by opening the case and keep the book?

I've thought about this, that's why I told him to ship the book and once received, I would give him the refund.

Assuming the buyer has actually shipped the book back to you, this is a way for the buyer to hedge risk. One way or another, he is going to get his money back. I'm assuming that if you send the refund via the reversal of the original transaction, it will negate the Paypal claim by definition. The buyer may have done this to present you with a ticking clock. 2c

If its a trust issue how about the seller refund the payment first before the buyer returns the book.

That sounds like a great idea. :popcorn:

'

I can't send him the refund because HE escalated the dispute to a claim, which is now in review of paypal.

Assuming the buyer has actually shipped the book back to you, this is a way for the buyer to hedge risk. One way or another, he is going to get his money back. I'm assuming that if you send the refund via the reversal of the original transaction, it will negate the Paypal claim by definition. The buyer may have done this to present you with a ticking clock. 2c

Which I completely understand. But we had agreed to a refund before his escalation, which no explanation was given as to why it was done.

If its a trust issue how about the seller refund the payment first before the buyer returns the book.

'

I can't send him the refund because HE escalated the dispute to a claim, which is now in review of paypal.

I confess that is an odd system Paypal has, if they block a seller from refunding a buyer because a buyer has made a claim for a refund. Do I understand that correctly?

I'm a little sleepy, so maybe I missed something. But if the seller never guaranteed a 9.8, and the buyer doesn't want a 9.6, and the seller was going to refund the buyers $, then what's all the hubbub about?

(shrug)

'

I confess that is an odd system Paypal has, if they block a seller from refunding a buyer because a buyer has made a claim for a refund. Do I understand that correctly?

The dispute was escalated to a claim, which is now being reviewed by PayPal, thus not allowing me to refund the seller.

I'm a little sleepy, so maybe I missed something. But if the seller never guaranteed a 9.8, and the buyer doesn't want a 9.6, and the seller was going to refund the buyers $, then what's all the hubbub about?

(shrug)

I feel the same way. Refund was offered so what's problem?

I have to input something here guys...For one I think this is disgusting the back and forth ridiculousness, than the leakage of only the information that A-DONIS wants displayed. As you can see below when the PayPal transaction was originally done the receipt Cleary states this is payment for a CGC SS 9.8:

I blanked out my address since another individual boldy decides it is ok to put it out there. I say to you Mister A-DONIS shame on you, that is down right bad business and disrespectful to the CGC community that you, without permission of the individual would make mine or anyone else's information public.

Also, it is convenient how he left out the intimidation and other banter in the P.M. we posted back and forth about this issue. I am sincerely disappointed and I really hope this does not happen to anyone else.

151137.png.8e96e05c132da9a56670aaa77cf69207.png

Edited by Justin Tnic Otyme

I don't have a horse in this race and I am not sticking up for A-DONIS, but I can't count the times I have heard "buy the book not the label........"

Nothing is guaranteed in life except for 2 things.....

I do have a question though.

If you have a sales thread and states that no hos, pl, or people on their list that they will not deal with.

Let's say someone on that list puts up a :takeit: and you pm them telling them that they do not get that book. Of course they are not going to be happy, but can they nominate you for the PL?

Edited by vader2001

I don't have a horse either, but I would like to know who added the note that says "...this is for fast Wytches Fast SS 9.8"? Adonis said it was you. If it was in fact him, that changes things.

It certainly does...

:popcorn: