• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

A-donis:

I notice a few things here.

1) In the PMs you posted there was one from Justin dated 11/12 where he specifically said "wait, I'm still guaranteed a 9.8 right?" What was your response to this, it doesn't show in the chain you posted.

2) As the seller, the facts should be construed most harshly against you (as you are the party who has the opportunity to fix the terms of the deal) You made no statement as to the grade of the books (you should/could have said "I make no guarantee as to what the final grade of the books will be but I will put best effort to trying to make sure everyone's books grade out as high as possible. CGC will be shipping the books directly to buyers so there is no influence over who gets what.") and the buyer was under the impression that he would get a 9.8 (he added this to the notes at time of purchase and again in the 11/12 PM) so clearly his intent was that was what he was paying for.

3) I think your greatest issue as a seller is lack of expectation setting and communication. There was the issue that came up during this convention where there was the issue of slow shipping (I believe around 5 weeks) and lack of communication. Here, your lack of setting expectations (that some would not get 9.8's) again caused the problem. Had the buyer known you were not guaranteeing 9.8's the buyer may have a) decided not to buy at all b) gone to another seller who was guaranteeing or c) contacted you and offered to pay more for a guarantee.

Just my 2c

I never edited anything before the last pm.

Take it for what it is.

You're always stirring things up. And you've stirred this into a circus that didn't need to be stirred into.

I'm done being baited into a fight or being played out into something so simple as a refund.

I'm done replying to your responses.

Take it for what it is.

You're always stirring things up. And you've stirred this into a circus that didn't need to be stirred into.

I'm done being baited into a fight or being played out into something so simple as a refund.

Done selling again we haven't heard that one from you before.

Take it for what it is.

You make everyone that sells cgc modern books look bad. Until you're on the hos I will not stop posting about this.

You threatened the buyer, edited your threats and started asking him to prove the threats.

And it's not like this is the first time a buyer has complained about your aggressive messages.

Now I'm going on the offensive here.

I never once edited any pms.

Show what you have

He's talking about the entire conversation

I edited my Last PM within ten seconds cause it didn't make sense.

Nothing else was done.

Get off your bowl

The contradictions are mind blowing. ???(shrug)

This is just... awesome. :screwy:

Legendary BS going on here. BRAVO! :applause:

I never threatened anyone, quit your BS lies.

Is this where I'm supposed to bring up the cgc Ss illuminati thread, started by someone that bought off you but was afraid to talk about it because of the fear of being black listed by all cgc ss facilitators. I wonder what gave him that idea hm

Per forum rules the Mods should have pulled the original sales thread when it was started. It was a roughly a week before the show, there was no indication the seller had a deal in place to procure the books before or during the show, and there was no grade given.

In the past I've had one or two sales threads temporarily pulled that had pre-sales listed in them. I had to fight to get the threads back up since the items for sale were guaranteed to me or I had them already. I even indicated I could provide emails and receipts.

The OP is a regular customer and came to me with the situation asking for opinion and guidance without naming the board member. I pointed him to this thread and told him should ask everyone's opinion. His concern was that no one else falls into a pre-sale not knowing there was no grade assigned.

I think at this point Modern buyers here on the boards assume that they are getting at least a 9.8 when they see a CGC pre-sale, so I understand his POV.

In the past year I've seen a lot of sellers playing it loose in the sales forum when it comes to con sales. Wishy washy grades, enticements in the threads promising free things then only giving away stuff that didn't sell, and some not so subtlety attacking other people's sales threads.

I don't know if people are after the quick buck or trying to fund their con trips but it's becoming shameful and does give other reliable sellers here a bit of a tarnish. I don't visit the general and probation threads much but I have seen an uptick in incidents.

Handle everything in a professional manner people and respect your buyers and the other sellers here.

Edited by BeachBum

I never threatened anyone, quit your BS lies.

Is this where I'm supposed to bring up the cgc Ss illuminati thread, started by someone that bought off you but was afraid to talk about it because of the fear of being black listed by all cgc ss facilitators. I wonder what gave him that idea hm

Stick to the matter at hand.

Per forum rules the Mods should have pulled the original sales thread when it was started. It was a roughly a week before the show, there was no indication the seller had a deal in place to procure the books before or during the show, and there was no grade given.

In the past I've had one or two sales threads temporarily pulled that had pre-sales listed in them. I had to fight to get the threads back up since the items for sale were guaranteed to me or I had them already. I even indicated I could provide emails and receipts.

The OP is a regular customer and came to me with the situation asking for opinion and guidance without naming the board member. I pointed him to this thread and told him should ask everyone's opinion. His concern was that no one else falls into a pre-sale not knowing there was no grade assigned.

I think at this point Modern buyers here on the boards assume that they are getting at least a 9.8 when they see a CGC pre-sale, so I understand his POV.

In the past year I've seen a lot of sellers playing it loose in the sales forum when it comes to con sales. Wishy washy grades, enticements in the threads promising free things then only giving away stuff that didn't sell, and some not so subtlety attacking other people's sales threads.

I don't know if people are after the quick buck or trying to fund their con trips but it's becoming shameful and does give other reliable sellers here a bit of a tarnish. I don't visit the general and probation threads much but I have seen an uptick in incidents.

Handle everything in a professional manner people and respect your buyers and the other sellers here.

Don't forget people pre-selling the entire run of a con exclusive before they even contacted the promoter. That was my favorite!!

I have a new issue. Wondering what other people think about it.

I went through a facilitator to have some items cgc'd. I had 5 things done at $150 each.

I just got off the phone with CGC to check the status of the invoice and found out CGC will not encapsulate what I sent, and they are being sent back to the facilitator. I would not have sent anything if I knew they could not be CGCd.

I was specifically told they would be encapsulated, I didn't just wing it and hope they could.

What resolution would you expect?

Edit: CGC SS'd

Edited by Gsims718