• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I would NEVER expect a seller to pay the difference.

That there is you being you.

Because I have had many, multiple even, uncountable times where I have been brought up in this thread based on my questionable selling and buying practices. I've even had to change my username so people forget about my past mishaps.

:insane:

Edited by Jimmy Linguini

Because I have had many, multiple even, uncountable times where I have been brought up in this thread based on my questionable selling and buying practices.

no you're being you with absurd solutions

Because I have had many, multiple even, uncountable times where I have been brought up in this thread based on my questionable selling and buying practices.

I'm assuming based on the buyer asking for opinions and you jumping in outing yourself as the seller means you don't plan on working with the seller for an amicable solution?

I told him I'll gladly refund him for the money that HE paid, not what it should be valued at.

If your way was the norm, then every person who bought a raw modern that was sold as a 9.8, but got a 9.6 when graded, should be paid the difference in value.

I'm assuming based on the buyer asking for opinions and you jumping in outing yourself as the seller means you don't plan on working with the seller for an amicable solution?

Do me a favor, quit twisting this any further than you already have.

I'm sorry, but I am NOT going to pay for the difference in value of a book that should of been, could of been a 9.8, but was a 9.6 in the end.

If the person were entitled to a 9.8, that is what they should get. I'm not saying that they are, I have no idea what the actual transaction was for. If you sold them a 9.8 and they got a 9.6, that is the measure of damages. It doesn't matter what you think is appropriate.

I'm sorry, but I am NOT going to pay for the difference in value of a book that should of been, could of been a 9.8, but was a 9.6 in the end.

If the person were entitled to a 9.8, that is what they should get. I'm not saying that they are, I have no idea what the actual transaction was for. If you sold them a 9.8 and they got a 9.6, that is the measure of damages. It doesn't matter what you think is appropriate.

The person is entitled to a refund, which is what he requested after not receiving an assumed 9.8 grade (Which no grade was promised).

I told him I'll gladly refund him for the money that HE paid, not what it should be valued at.

If your way was the norm, then every person who bought a raw modern that was sold as a 9.8, but got a 9.6 when graded, should be paid the difference in value.

The only problem with this analogy is that people pay more money for a guaranteed 9.8 then they do for a raw described as a 9.8. Everyone knows it is a shoot with a raw purchase.

The person is entitled to a refund, which is what he requested after not receiving an assumed 9.8 grade (Which no grade was promised).

If no grade was guarantee or implied, would it have been okay to send him a 7.5? (shrug)

The only problem with this analogy is that people pay more money for a guaranteed 9.8 then they do for a raw described as a 9.8. Everyone knows it is a shoot with a raw purchase.

I understand, but there was never a guarantee for a 9.8.

If no grade was guarantee or implied, would it have been okay to send him a 7.5? (shrug)

First off, no if he were to receive a 7.5 or 8.5 he would of been given the refund just like this is going to happen.

I didn't send the books, and I didn't grade the books at CGC. Every Wytches book bought was thought to be a least a 9.6/9.8

I am not trying to pile on, but am genuinely interested in the topic because it could become a board issue with other sellers who have similar practices. Was the sales thread something like, $100 for CGC SS Comic signed by so and so? If so, that is not a good practice for sellers to do. That means the buyer could receive anything from a 1.0 to a 10.0 and that would be acceptable. For a pre-sale like that, I truly believe people would be expecting to buy a 9.8, not whatever arrives in the mail.

I am not trying to pile on, but am genuinely interested in the topic because it could become a board issue with other sellers who have similar practices. Was the sales thread something like, $100 for CGC SS Comic signed by so and so? If so, that is not a good practice for sellers to do. That means the buyer could receive anything from a 1.0 to a 10.0 and that would be acceptable. For a pre-sale like that, I truly believe people would be expecting to buy a 9.8, not whatever arrives in the mail.

And I stayed on top of it via PMs advising buyers that grades shipped were raging between 9.6 and 9.8