• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

As the current seller, I completely accept responsibility for the item and for resolving the sale with the Buyer.

And because it would be possible for any one of us to sell, in good faith, a book that might potentially be restored, I fully support any and all discussion and education on this matter; talking about this subject in a public, open forum is good and necessary and relevant.

These are the key quotes from the second response. It doesn't seem unfair.

jypz7.jpg

Hi all!

For those that know me, I read some other (now locked) thread that I no longer sell here because I was tired of the 'beat downs' or something like that. For the record, I want to state that is not the case at all. I basically just got really busy in life with family and work and something had to give and it was comic book collecting. So for a couple years I didn't buy sell or even read them, I was out.

I am slowly returning and have clearly missed a lot. What I mostly miss are those 2 Batman Adventure 12 slabbed 9.8's I sold on the boards a long time ago! I thought I was killing it at 100 bucks or whatever it was.

Anyway, I'm back to selling but not here because honestly I have no clue whatsoever what to price things at. All these movies have changed the game considerably. But I hope to have a thread sometime soon when I feel more comfortable with the market.

But my point is, I never stormed off, got mad, or anything like that. Just focused on other things.

And for those that don't know me, which is probably most of you....Never mind!

John

Hi all!

For those that know me, I read some other (now locked) thread that I no longer sell here because I was tired of the 'beat downs' or something like that. For the record, I want to state that is not the case at all. I basically just got really busy in life with family and work and something had to give and it was comic book collecting. So for a couple years I didn't buy sell or even read them, I was out.

I am slowly returning and have clearly missed a lot. What I mostly miss are those 2 Batman Adventure 12 slabbed 9.8's I sold on the boards a long time ago! I thought I was killing it at 100 bucks or whatever it was.

Anyway, I'm back to selling but not here because honestly I have no clue whatsoever what to price things at. All these movies have changed the game considerably. But I hope to have a thread sometime soon when I feel more comfortable with the market.

But my point is, I never stormed off, got mad, or anything like that. Just focused on other things.

John

There have been far too few drunken sales threads in your absence.

Hi all!

John

Slacker

Hi all!

John

My 1st ever purchase on the boards was from you! A gorgeous slabbed Adventure #416. :cloud9: You were great and helped a newbie get his feet wet.

Good to see you back. :foryou:

Hi all!

John

Nice change of pace to see an old timer come back :applause:

Hi all!

John

There have been far too few drunken sales threads in your absence.

My god, I just remembered those as I read your post.

Welcome back, cd!

As the current seller, I completely accept responsibility for the item and for resolving the sale with the Buyer.

And because it would be possible for any one of us to sell, in good faith, a book that might potentially be restored, I fully support any and all discussion and education on this matter; talking about this subject in a public, open forum is good and necessary and relevant.

These are the key quotes from the second response. It doesn't seem unfair.

Thanks for pulling those quotes out. Indeed it does sound fair.

Hi all!

John

I miss your Friday night sales threads, glad to see you back!

Hi all!

John

Welcome back! (thumbs u

So he sold the book, doesn't have the money to refund and has now offered the book to someone for "free" if they will have it sent to CGC for grading?

That made my brain hurt.

Where did he say he doesn't have the money to refund? I saw the part where he says he doesn't have the money to submit it to CGC for a review, and offered someone to do it for him, but he never said he isn't refunding the buyer (he also never said he was refunding him/her either for that matter)

This is what has been communicated to me from the buyer in private messages.

Hi all!

John

hm And what nincompoop said that? I think I remember, but I'll leave it up to Blowie.

:grin:

Hi all!

John

You were missed. Welcome back man !

Hi all!

John

hm And what nincompoop said that? I think I remember, but I'll leave it up to Blowie.

Sorry, I'm clueless as to what John is talking about. I don't have enough info to hunt this one down. :(

Hi all!

John

Nice change of pace to see an old timer come back :applause:

One of the best. John's epic sales threads were always fun.

Hi all!

John

Sorry, I'm clueless as to what John is talking about. I don't have enough info to hunt this one down. :(

I'm pretty sure it was the Locked Thread Points thread, I remember the above statement being made about cd4ever but I can't remember who said it either.

Hi all!

John

It's not important. Thanks for all the kind words. I hope to stick around a little more and maybe buy a few books, store them badly, and resell them in 2 years for 1/3 of what I paid! It's what I do. Awesome business model. .