• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Jeff is a seriously decent, honest boardie - I doubt very much if he is being underhand about anything.

I'm guessing it's a simple misunderstanding -he will probably be at a con this weekend anyway, so there may be a delay in response.

And yes, he now does 99% of his sales via consignment.

I'd go with 'miscommunication'

I'm also sure he will bend over backwards to make things right between both of you.

I hope you get your book (thumbs u :foryou:

I was simply tired of explaining myself again.

I told retro that I would list the book on MCS for 74.99 and he could buy it there. He asked why he was buying from a 3rd party. I told him that I ship all my books to them.

When he checked in I said they should be at MCS next week and again he asked why he is buying from them. I simply don't have the patience to repeat what is written 4 posts above his repeated question. I removed myself.

I'm the one taking the hit for the consignment fees and he would be getting a cheaper postage rate. It should be a simple win/win. If he really needs to buy it directly from me then he can pay shipping from MCS to me, including any possible duties and then the postage from me to him. Silliness.

Jeff is a seriously decent, honest boardie - I doubt very much if he is being underhand about anything.

I'm guessing it's a simple misunderstanding -he will probably be at a con this weekend anyway, so there may be a delay in response.

And yes, he now does 99% of his sales via consignment.

I'd go with 'miscommunication'

I'm also sure he will bend over backwards to make things right between both of you.

I hope you get your book (thumbs u :foryou:

(thumbs u

I am simply tired of explaining myself which is a driving force to using a 3rd party exclusively.

Give the man a chance to respond. That post count doesn't get so high without hard work. :D

I view this section of the boards as a waste of my time. Yes, even more of a waste than mindlessly posting emoticons. I don't even like to visit and read this section.

Give the man a chance to respond. That post count doesn't get so high without hard work. :D

I view this section of the boards as a waste of my time. Yes, even more of a waste than mindlessly posting emoticons. I don't even like to visit and read this section.

Don't get testy with me. I told retro you were a stand up guy and not to worry and it was probably a misunderstanding. :baiting:

I told retro that I would list the book on MCS for 74.99 and he could buy it there. He asked why he was buying from a 3rd party. I told him that I ship all my books to them.

When he checked in I said they should be at MCS next week and again he asked why he is buying from them. I simply don't have the patience to repeat what is written 4 posts above his repeated question. I removed myself.

I'm the one taking the hit for the consignment fees and he would be getting a cheaper postage rate. It should be a simple win/win. If he really needs to buy it directly from me then he can pay shipping from MCS to me, including any possible duties and then the postage from me to him. Silliness.

Bro you told you where going to hold it for me. You should have been more specific, and say hey I am going to list a book on mcs and you must buy from them. No. You told me that you would hold it for me. The whole conversation is right there. Every word. You're in the wrong, and your business practices are garbage. I don't want anything from you. But you are wrong.

Don't get testy with me. I told retro you were a stand up guy and not to worry and it was probably a misunderstanding. :baiting:

You're awesome. :)

It was a misunderstanding. He misunderstood and I didn't feel obligated to explain it to him.....again.

As far as being a stand up guy......I have my moments much like everyone here.

Jeff, I like you a lot, but I'm confused. I can see where someone else might be...

If you told me you were selling through MCS I would think I'd be saving you money by buying from you directly, so I'd be lost when you didn't explain. I know you understand what you were talking about, but I guess many other people are not Saturn Girl either. (raise your hand if you are posting in this thread and actually know WHO Saturn Girl is?. )

I can't see any reason for you to be on the probation list, but once again...clear communication could save a lot of smushed feelings.

Maybe you should just skip responding to WTB threads if you don't want to ship directly and just point out your sales in the eBay etc thread?

Bro you told you where going to hold it for me. You should have been more specific, and say hey I am going to list a book on mcs and you must buy from them. No. You told me that you would hold it for me. The whole conversation is right there. Every word. You're in the wrong, and your business practices are garbage. I don't want anything from you. But you are wrong.

Where is the whole conversation? Please feel free to vent your frustrations with life elsewhere. I have done nothing wrong.

Jeff, I like you a lot, but I'm confused. I can see where someone else might be...

If you told me you were selling through MCS I would think I'd be saving you money by buying from you directly, so I'd be lost when you didn't explain. I know you understand what you were talking about, but I guess many other people are not Saturn Girl either. (raise your hand if you are posting in this thread and actually know WHO Saturn Girl is?. )

I can't see any reason for you to be on the probation list, but once again...clear communication could save a lot of smushed feelings.

Maybe you should just skip responding to WTB threads if you don't want to ship directly and just point out your sales in the eBay etc thread?

It was explained, Sharon. It was the deal.

I don't know Saturn Girl.

Don't like me too much. It creates jealousy. ;)