• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Swifty and junkie to my list. AVOID.

Same here.

JAM_NYC's AVOID LIST:

1) the Noid

2) wearing white after Labor Day

3) HarveySwick

4) feeding mogwais after midnight

6) Junkdrawer

7) gluten

what about people who wear sandals with socks?

I don't mind that. Who doesn't like some camel toe?

This is a perfect moment to drive home what should be obvious but often isn't.

If there is a break down on communications, a disagreement or one side feels like they were taken for a ride, it is the responsibility of the two people to work it out amongst each other 1st, before anybody else is involved.

That is the way mature problem solving happens and it's the most effective way.

If you can't find a reasonable resolution, THEN after exhausting the 1st option, you involve other people as objective witnesses.

Anything short of that is just immature, irresponsible and unfair. As Joeypost once said:

Ready, Fire! Aim. :facepalm:

Nobody would want the tables turned. It's not fun.

This sort of situation happens once in a while and I think it's worth using it as a reminder of how to handle a negotiation properly.

Glad the two of you guys could fix the problem. :headbang:

I wish I would have been told that there was another potential buyer.

When something is for sale on the internet, there is always another potential buyer.

If there is a break down on communications, a disagreement or one side feels like they were taken for a ride, it is the responsibility of the two people to work it out amongst each other 1st, before anybody else is involved.

If you can't find a reasonable resolution, THEN after exhausting the 1st option, you involve other people as objective witnesses.

Anything short of that is just immature, irresponsible and unfair. As Joeypost once said:

This sort of situation happens once in a while and I think it's worth using it as a reminder of how to handle a negotiation properly.

Short Version: WWWPD?

Roy once sent me a PM with nudie pics.

Who wants to see that PM?

Roy, do you honestly think I just spoke with Spectre and then immediately posted here?

I discussed the matter with several people in PM first to get their thoughts before posting anything publicly. :makepoint:

Spectre was PMing Junkdrawer trying to consummate a sale! It was a MISTAKE. I own it. I admit it. But please, stop with the "jumping to conclusions and not talking things out in PM". I talk to many people on a daily basis in PM. I enjoy PM discussions here a million times more than public discussions. I thought I was bringing something shady to light. I got it wrong. :boo:

I've apologized to Spectre in both PM and publicly. I don't need any more lectures of how I should hash things out privately before going public. I thought I had discussed everything in PM first.

Roy, do you honestly think I just spoke with Spectre and then immediately posted here?

I discussed the matter with several people in PM first to get their thoughts before posting anything publicly. :makepoint:

Spectre was PMing Junkdrawer trying to consummate a sale! It was a MISTAKE. I own it. I admit it. But please, stop with the "jumping to conclusions and not talking things out in PM". I talk to many people on a daily basis in PM. I enjoy PM discussions here a million times more than public discussions. I thought I was bringing something shady to light. I got it wrong. :boo:

I've apologized to Spectre in both PM and publicly. I don't need any more lectures of how I should hash things out privately before going public. I thought I had discussed everything in PM first.

PM Sent!

PM Sent!

Book's already sold.

Roy, do you honestly think I just spoke with Spectre and then immediately postednight here?

PM Sent!

Book's already sold.

Nothing sold is ever sold.

Roy once sent me a PM with nudie pics.

Who wants to see that PM?

They were nudie pics of you.

Which is awesome.