• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

He said "I wish I would have been told that there was another potential buyer." That is some weird way of blaming the seller. Since when is the seller responsible for telling potential buyers how many people are interested?

This statement is again casting the seller in a negative light: "It seemed shifty at the time when I was told the book was sold despite it being communicated at the same time to the person I was buying the book for that it was still available."

At the end of the day, my issue is the fact this went public. There was no reason for it to be posted here or for PMs to be posted. I feel like that sets a bad precedent. Had Harvey posted without names and asked for opinions on a hypothetical it would have been different. Instead Harvey attempted to drag a sellers name through the mud.

Harvey was also doing a deal for someone that the seller clearly didn't want to deal with. That seems backhanded and a bit odd. What is the point of saying you don't want to deal with certain people if we all just use proxies?

Edited by ChrisInBaltimore

Can we get back to the Wilson Phillips discussion ?

I think Junkdrawer and Swick have to finish a serving of crow first.

:(:blush:

I agree. Pile it on.

You recognized that you were wrong, admitted it publicly, and apologized to the offended party. Do you know how pleasant the world would be if everybody was adult enough to do that?

Really? Beyond putting the apology part in large text, this is pretty much a non apology:

Well, then there's that.

My sincere apologies to Spectre.

I wish I would have been told that there was another potential buyer. l also wish that I hadn't been involved in this to begin with. So much for trying to help out a friend. It seemed shifty at the time when I was told the book was sold despite it being communicated at the same time to the person I was buying the book for that it was still available.

This is clearly an egg on my face moment. :boo: Feel free to pile on. :sorry:

It's the best I could do pulling into my driveway before I could spend a little while wih my daughter before she goes to bed.

I put the apology in the biggest font I could because I AM sorry and embarrassed by the whole debacle. :makepoint:

He said "I wish I would have been told that there was another potential buyer." That is some weird way of blaming the seller. Since when is the seller responsible for telling potential buyers how many people are interested?

This statement is again casting the seller in a negative light: "It seemed shifty at the time when I was told the book was sold despite it being communicated at the same time to the person I was buying the book for that it was still available."

At the end of the day, my issue is the fact this went public. There was no reason for it to be posted here or for PMs to be posted. I feel like that sets a bad precedent. Had Harvey posted without names and asked for opinions on a hypothetical it would have been different. Instead Harvey attempted to drag a sellers name through the mud.

Harvey was also doing a deal for someone that the seller clearly didn't want to deal with. That seems backhanded and a bit odd. What is the point of saying you don't want to deal with certain people if we all just use proxies?

If Spectre thinks the apology was insufficient and backhanded, he has the right to be indignant. I don't think anybody else should feel insulted. You don't have a dog in the hunt. Just my opinion.

Spectre was obviously willing to make the deal with JD even though he had him on ignore, since he removed him from his list to offer up the book. :shrug:

If Spectre thinks the apology was insufficient and backhanded, he has the right to be indignant. I don't think anybody else should feel insulted. You don't have a dog in the hunt. Just my opinion.

Spectre was obviously willing to make the deal with JD even though he had him on ignore, since he removed him from his list to offer up the book. :shrug:

Neither do you and you voiced your opinion on the whole situation. I simply countered.

I have no problem with Swick nor do I know Spider-Man on Tilt from a hole in the wall. I just don't like the tendency to call foul so quickly. I also think we turned to posting PRIVATE MESSAGES very quickly. As I said earlier in the discussion, I thought we were not allowed to post PMs without consent of both parties. I'll look back through my PMs because I had a discussion with Arch about this once.

Edit: My discussion was more about claims a poster was making in PMs. We didn't get into posting them publicly. However, haven't people gotten strikes for posting PMs before? I feel like I've seen that.

Edited by ChrisInBaltimore

Well, then there's that.

I wish I would have been told that there was another potential buyer. l also wish that I hadn't been involved in this to begin with. So much for trying to help out a friend. It seemed shifty at the time when I was told the book was sold despite it being communicated at the same time to the person I was buying the book for that it was still available.

I appreciate Harvey's apology and I accept it unconditionally. It's easy to get caught up in the heat of the moment. We've all been there.

I consider this matter closed.

take care,

John

Edited by SPECTRE_nWo

Well, then there's that.

I appreciate Harvey's apology and I accept it unconditionally. It's easy to get caught up in the heat of the moment. We've all been there.

take care,

John

:sorry::foryou:

Well, then there's that.

take care,

John

Where's the fun in that?

Well, then there's that.

take care,

John

Nice!

Swifty and junkie to my list. AVOID.

Same here.

JAM_NYC's AVOID LIST:

1) the Noid

2) wearing white after Labor Day

3) HarveySwick

4) feeding mogwais after midnight

6) Junkdrawer

7) gluten

Swifty and junkie to my list. AVOID.

Same here.

JAM_NYC's AVOID LIST:

1) the Noid

2) wearing white after Labor Day

3) HarveySwick

4) feeding mogwais after midnight

6) Junkdrawer

7) gluten

what about people who wear sandals with socks?

Neither do you and you voiced your opinion on the whole situation. I simply countered.

I have no problem with Swick nor do I know Spider-Man on Tilt from a hole in the wall. I just don't like the tendency to call foul so quickly. I also think we turned to posting PRIVATE MESSAGES very quickly. As I said earlier in the discussion, I thought we were not allowed to post PMs without consent of both parties. I'll look back through my PMs because I had a discussion with Arch about this once.

Edit: My discussion was more about claims a poster was making in PMs. We didn't get into posting them publicly. However, haven't people gotten strikes for posting PMs before? I feel like I've seen that.

Let it gooooooooo let it goooooooooo