• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

After this entire Swick debacle, I think I'm going to have to revisit my negotiation tactics. Swick came in $400 dollars under the ask. That is impressive and took some series cajones.

The incredible thing is it seemed to work. Then he dug in deeper asking for a second book in what was virtually a two for one at that point.

From now on, I will low ball the hell out of everyone and just start swinging my balls around.

lol

Well, the $400 under the ask put the seller about $50 ahead of where he would have ended up selling it on Ebay at 90 GPA. So it wasn't a horrible offer, given the starting price and the lack of fees.

The second book offer, well, that's another story. lol

After this entire Swick debacle, I think I'm going to have to revisit my negotiation tactics. Swick came in $400 dollars under the ask. That is impressive and took some series cajones.

The incredible thing is it seemed to work. Then he dug in deeper asking for a second book in what was virtually a two for one at that point.

From now on, I will low ball the hell out of everyone and just start swinging my balls around.

lol

Well, the $400 under the ask put the seller about $50 ahead of where he would have ended up selling it on Ebay at 90 GPA. So it wasn't a horrible offer, given the starting price and the lack of fees.

:roflmao:

Thank you for saving me the headache of finding my post with the math from last night. It wasn't this crazy, Jedi mind trick, lowball offer. It was a reasonable offer based on current GPA figures - 13% (no fees). :idea:

And people are missing that it wasn't even MY offer. I was telling Chris he should offer $1600! lol

lol

I agree. Not a lowball by any stretch of the imagination IMO when you think about fees, etc. Seller wasn't offended either.

The other lesson here is when you get a good offer take it.

And then hope the seller doesn't get a better one. :wishluck:

And hope the seller doesn't have some idiotic rule negating an agreed upon deal in PMs.

And hope the seller doesn't have some idiotic rule negating an agreed upon deal in PMs.

That's a big risk to take. To pull something like that you'd have to be some kind of a Daredevil.

That's a big risk to take. To pull something like that you'd have to be some kind of a Daredevil.

1390954940664.jpg

Don't forget you'd have to have big balls too!

I give up.

Don't give up. Just learn to be patient. A conversation has it's own life and you need to give it a little time to find it's way.

I give up.

Don't give up. Just learn to be patient. A conversation has it's own life and you need to give it a little time to find it's way.

Aren't those the lyrics to a Wilson-Phillips song?

They've should be if they aren't already.

tumblr_mnvg3wqujh1s1clzao1_500.gif

ok, so there was no "I'll take it". Then why are we even talking about this? No deal was struck, no offer accepted then reneged. Probably would have been better to just say 'no' on the new offer by Harvey without saying it was sold (if it wasn't).

But as we don't have firm evidence of any wrong doing by the seller (and I certainly don't think he should have to produce it), what are we talking about here? Maybe he told a white lie to Harvey, maybe he reneged on his phantom 'buyer (or the buyer reneged on him)'. But who can say for sure, and why do we even care as no one is worse off here? other than MAYBE the seller.

Given how it looks, and the implications of how it looks, I think any person who wants to do business here would want to come and clear the air if there is something simple and honest behind what certainly looks bad.

Does he post anywhere else but the sales threads?

I give up.

Naw, just showing Swick that he doesn't need to be a spazz. ( :baiting: ) People read posts and then process them. They don't always reply immediately.

ok, so there was no "I'll take it". Then why are we even talking about this? No deal was struck, no offer accepted then reneged. Probably would have been better to just say 'no' on the new offer by Harvey without saying it was sold (if it wasn't).

But as we don't have firm evidence of any wrong doing by the seller (and I certainly don't think he should have to produce it), what are we talking about here? Maybe he told a white lie to Harvey, maybe he reneged on his phantom 'buyer (or the buyer reneged on him)'. But who can say for sure, and why do we even care as no one is worse off here? other than MAYBE the seller.

Given how it looks, and the implications of how it looks, I think any person who wants to do business here would want to come and clear the air if there is something simple and honest behind what certainly looks bad.

Does he post anywhere else but the sales threads?

Sometimes he makes an effort in Comics General to tell people how dumb they are. lol

Generated in 0.509 seconds in which 0.478 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

I give up.

tumblr_mnvg3wqujh1s1clzao1_500.gif

lollollol